T25 to Td04 what all do i need - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Straitup D
T25 to Td04 what all do i need

i have the Td04 and the inlit pipe what other parts will i need? i also have some of the coolant lines from the turbo. are the coolant lines all the same? oil line?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q280/StraitupD/untitled.jpg
Quote:
I'm really looking forward to your apology, because I love telling people to "get fucked"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Straitup D
M I the only guy ever to put a td04 in to a 900/93 ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q280/StraitupD/untitled.jpg
Quote:
I'm really looking forward to your apology, because I love telling people to "get fucked"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Elder

no, but it's been covered multiple times before. I've done it, but I can't remember what exactly i used to make it work, most recently I just made up some braided stainless lines with an fittings and used metric to an adapters to get it all together.

a search would be most prudent.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
Elder

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/2005...Turbo_Upgrade/
Old 10-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
you need all the hard lines from the td04.
you need all new crush washers for the banjo bolts.
you need the o-ring for the intake pipe, too.

past that, you're all set.

you may want to buy new studs for the turbo->manifold, and turbo->downpipe.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
SAAB Road Master

You actually don't need any new hard lines at all. Earl's makes some 12mm banjo bolts that will adapt the T25 lines to the TD04 perfectly. They have a slight shoulder at the top that centers the 14mm lines on the bolt. You can get the entire oil drain assembly from eEuroparts if you look in the turbocharger section for a 2000 9-5 Aero. That will make your life a whole lot easier since it also includes the smaller diameter pipe that fits in the oil pan. Also invest in some decent crush washers. I had several small leaks on mine, and finally used the "puffy" types that actually do crush when you tighten the bolts. They sealed much better than the standard flat copper types. I did use the aluminum flat crush washers that the Earl's banjo bolts came with, though. They worked fine. You'll have to figure out the best way to adapt the air intake. I used Taliaferro's very nice polished aluminum adapter pipe, but I know others have found cheaper methods, too.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to DanF.
My friend did it. And he used the upper 9000 turbo charge pipe rubber coupling as a 90* intake hose off the compressor... up to his intake. Will see if I can find some pics.
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold
Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
Elder

All the hard lines bolt right on. The only thing you WILL need is the TD04 oil drain hose since it is a different size than the T25 one. And trust me; one startup with the T25 drain hose on a TD04 ended in oil on the floor.

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in