Injectors.... 2.0, Holset HX35, 50lbs enough for now? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Injectors.... 2.0, Holset HX35, 50lbs enough for now?

So I have a stock fuel pump and 50lb injectors, I was hoping that I could make do with that for awhile.... I'm hoping to squeeze out about 400whp. Is starting off with the 50's a bad idea? I see on the RC website, the calculations end up at 84lbs for 450hp, but I've done some searching on here and it seems that the general consensus is 630cc will suffice. I will eventually put in some 630cc's and a Walbro 255. I plan on having the tune set for a smooth power transition... I do have a wideband to keep an eye on, and T5suite...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
Elder

I think 50# injectors have taken people over 400bhp so you should be fine for now. You have all the tools to monitor engine health so if the injectors aren't up to the task, just dial the power down a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
I would hold off if you can. Holset's have a pretty high demand for fuel. And when that things spooling you don't want to cut-off it's supply.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Elder

Does the RC calculator have a field for duty cycle? For sustained high flow (I.E. racing) you do not want the injectors to be staying at high duty cycle for very long, or hitting 100% on-time continuously. The RC calculator may be erring on the side of the flow rating being too large, rather than having you run any given set at the ragged edge.

Best,
Drew

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:36 AM   #5

Thanks for the responses... I think I'll just stick with what I've got for now and see how she does.... RC's calculation was based on 80% duty cycle..... I don't track my car, I'm not at WOT very often or for long at all. I'm sure I'll upgrade, just a little down the road.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Elder

Nope sorry. 550 cc/min and stock fuel pump is not nearly enough for an HX35. Unless you just want to run base boost or something. Sent you a PM btw.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #7

So... are the 630cc's enough or should I go with the 750's? What's everyone else running for about 400whp...??????
Old 09-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

what are stock 900 and 9-3 fuel pumps rated at as far as LPH goes?
Old 09-22-2009, 04:56 AM   #9

I don't know what it's actually rated for.... But I did go ahead and buy some Siemens 80# injectors....
Old 09-22-2009, 06:34 AM   #10
JZW
Elder

That should give you enough When I tested my 1000 cc injectors on gasoline, they went to 9.8/1 on 25psi with the holset super 40.

John
Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Yeah the 80#'s have been enough for me so far. We'll see how it looks when things are turned up. I'd guess if anything it'd be the rest of the fuel system that'd be the problem.

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

-Branden
Old 09-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #12
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
With 42lb injectors we can pull down the stock fuel pump. I would say if you are upgrading injectors up the pump too. Thats not to say that you cant get by with factory but it will be dropping fuel pressure at those flow rates.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 09-23-2009, 05:11 AM   #13

I'm definitley upgrading the fuel pump, just haven't yet decided to go with a Walbro or Bosch......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in