6 speed that's not Quaife !!!! - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #21
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
I run stock gearing in both of my NG/9-3s they seem to be pretty fast.

Thats not to say that with a $4500 gearbox that it wouldn't run 10s on the gt30 but thats not really reasonable. Thats the easy way. Making the hardware there work right is harder but in the end going faster with less says something about the hardware package. Going 6 speed because it's "cool" is not the right way.. I don't like wasting money where it wont be needed.
Totally agreed and my project is do everything myself as low cost as possible tbh but want to do it so that i'll get more than a day outa the box...lol...I see people cryo gears and all that but what's the best mods really....do you list it all on your site...lol...think not...well not to handle what your racer's puttin out anyway...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #22
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
F40 Common 4cyl Gearing on 225s as the other charts.

On the Big 245s I run. Nice and tall.

with 24.5" slicks

Now compare to the std 9-3 5speed on the 225s. Just a taller 6th is all. You will have to match the tabular data rather than the charts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #23
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglecharm View Post
...I see people cryo gears and all that but what's the best mods really....do you list it all on your site...lol...think not...well not to handle what your racer's puttin out anyway...
Actually all the mods done to the gearboxes are in my http://trolltuner.com documents. Short of helping shift it down the strip I have told all. No cryo or magical fluids.. Just common sense, proper setup and plenty of thought. Sometimes it is not the failed part that is the problem. You have to look at the big picture sometimes.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs

Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #24
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
Actually all the mods done to the gearboxes are in my http://trolltuner.com documents. Short of helping shift it down the strip I have told all. No cryo or magical fluids.. Just common sense, proper setup and plenty of thought. Sometimes it is not the failed part that is the problem. You have to look at the big picture sometimes.
sounds more than good to me...as I said looks like that milling machine's going to see some work in the near future for sure...thank you....
Old 04-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #25
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglecharm View Post
Hi to every one...a little while back I was reading Nick Taliaferro's ' Gearbox Ramblings ' and quote
' F40 is the 6 speed in the new 9-3. It is a very robust gearbox with TWO output pinion shafts! this is part of the reason they are quite noisy and clunky. It only in the new ecotec bolt pattern.'If you can find one of the super rare euro diesel 6 versions it will bolt up to the B2x5/4 engines.''

Is this the gearbox?

Part number: 12 785 896
Usage: D223L, FM 6A301
Old 04-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #26
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@ View Post
Is this the gearbox?

Part number: 12 785 896
Usage: D223L, FM 6A301
that would be the part no in WIS, but better check the casting letters on the bell house...it should be: GM 12787 363 0822680

for other details, go from here on:
https://www.saablink.net/forum/751023-post175.htm
Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #27
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Great, thanks!

I will be keeping an eye on that thread
Old 04-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #28
SAABeginner

sorry for awakening F40 threads back from the dead but....

it seems to me the F40 has a removeable bellhousing. it would seem then, that you could change this bellhousing at say, an ecotec F40, to mate to the B2x5 engine.

further more, i found this in EPC, saying that the bellhousing is the same for all the TiD diesel engines?? Z19 being the 1.9 TiD as well as the D223L (Y22DTR in opel speak)... is that a mistake in there?
Attached Images
File Type: png EPC_F40_bells.PNG (97.2 KB, 16 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in