BPC Function... EWG... q's....... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

BPC Function... EWG... q's.......

So as many know, I too am starting a conversion to an HX35....... my Holset is not internally waste-gated, so it doesn't have that nipple on the compressor side to hook to the BPC... The EWG I bought has two nipples, the T25/28 I took off had one hose to the compressor housing and one to the intake.... For the 3 hoses, I know one goes to the EWG, what do the other two need? Is one just on the intake air before the compressor?? Is the other compressed air after the compressor? Why does my EWG have to nips..? Hmmmm... all this talk about nipples......... And do I really need a 4" intake to support 400whp? or will 2.5" be good?!??!

Nipple.......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
BPC function break down and operation.

Really all you need is a signal source. Normally this is the line from the turbo compressor in the stock setup but you can get it from any source that is on the pressurized tract of the intake system. The closer you can keep the source to the BPC to minimize length the better the signal time will be.

Then run the w port to the wastegate actuator like normal from the BPC. Can't answer your question about the 2 positions on the EWG you have.

You can run the BPC setup with the R port line as it's just a return line. Running it to the vacuum only side of the intake tract probably does help in it's operation in some manner but I've been running my setup without it for a while with no problems now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Run the 'W' line from the BPC to the lower of the two lines and just leave the nipple on the top of the EWG, open.

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Branden

Old 08-31-2009, 05:37 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Second nipple on WG is used if you want to run in double sided, meaning that you run pressure on top of the WG to prevent in from opening (if spring pressure not enouhg), but needs fiddling if you want to run it in that manner with T5. In other words just leave the top hole open, do not plug it though.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Great info guys... thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in