Saab Link Forums banner

GS Engine Mounts=Is the motor mount for Manual Only?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Progression 
#1 ·
I just saw that the Automatic mount for the Trans was put up on GS's site, but what about the Automatic mount for the engine mount or for the Diesel based mount???

Is the VER2 Stage 2 Motor Mount for both manual and auto gearboxes OR is it only for manual?

Also, how did some that had the Manual version of the Trans Mount (prior to an Auto one being produced) put it on their auto gearbox based cars?

I know OEM parts divide the Manual from Auto engine mount parts, but from GS's site and from user reviews, there hasn't been any real distinction until recently when the Auto Mount for trans mount only was put up as an option for sale.

Thanks for all that can give some light/advice on this one. Don't want to buy the GS engine mount if it won't work on my auto gearbox based engine/car.

Cheers!

#3 ·
It will fit.

But on an auto you really want to keep the soft engine mount or it will vibrate pretty bad. Plus with an auto the power has to be kept below the limit that the stock mount has major issues. On a big power manual car then its a different story.

Ps i guess "new" is relative This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 02 December, 2004. ;)

#6 ·
Oops:):):)

I had always seen the tranny mount for the manual appear everytime I looked or purchased from your website and just now saw the auto tranny mount (duh).

I remember you explaining somewhere in a thread that you recommended the trans mount and then the softer mounts for engine based ones (I need to find the thread, but I think it has something to do with either cars with an auto gearbox or cars that aren't going for big HP, but want a nice smooth ride).

When or with how much power does one want to upgrade to the GS motor mount with an automatic?

Thanks Nick and looks like my money will be coming your way for the trans mount!

#4 ·
new upgraded engine mount

Nick, if I do remember right, I saw on trolltunner that you are working on an upgraded version of the engine mount (rear one). Any status on that and when will it be ready for order? After taking the upgraded trans mount and engine mount (side) from you, I think at higher power the upgraded rear engine mount would pay the money.
Also, please remember my previous kind requests.
Thanks!

#5 ·
Nick, if I do remember right, I saw on trolltunner that you are working on an upgraded version of the engine mount (rear one). Any status on that and when will it be ready for order? After taking the upgraded trans mount and engine mount (side) from you, I think at higher power the upgraded rear engine mount would pay the money.
Also, please remember my previous kind requests.
Thanks!
The rears you see pics of so far are race only. You wouldn't want them on the street. Maybe street on a 2.0 We do have a couple new prototype versions to try just didn't have time last week to get someone to bolt them in a car.

#7 ·
If it matters, I am on stock engine and tranny mounts with my 280whp automatic and have no issues. The reason why manual cars need it is because of the spike in torque when engaging and disengaging the clutch. Autos deliver power much more gently and between shifts the timing is quickly decreased to keep the tranny safe.

Not that what Im doing is considered "safe" for the automatic but it is still shifting perfectly.

#8 ·
I must have a bad engine mount then. Need to go check my trans mount right now and see if it shows any signs of use, but it's good to hear the stock stuff works ok.

Do you happen to know if the OEM manual motor mount will work ok or if it has to be the automatic motor mount? On GS's site, there is only a manual motor mount that can also work for automatics, but on parts sites, there is a manual and an auto version for the OEM mount.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.