sqr stage4 ecu. what to do? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

sqr stage4 ecu. what to do?

So i have a sqr stage 4 ecu that is currently being a $500 paper weight.
so what should i do with it. The reason i dont use it is that i cant get it to go thru emissions, and it's also blocking my check engine light, so i've been running with a bad 02 sensor and lean codes for about a year an a half without even knowing it, wich would explain my awesome 19mpg.

so do i t5 suite it?

-only problem i have no soldering iorn nor do i have any intrest in buiyng one, and even if i did have one im to chicken shit to open up my ecu and most likeley ruin it.
-also i have no wideband and dont feel like spending the $200+ (no i wont get any AEM trash so it will be that much)
-and last but not least i cant afford blowing my 105k engine to bits as my back up car is a even more unreliable 7m toyota cressida wich i dont take care of becuase im wanting the eninge to blow.

should i send the ecu off to get the issues fixed?
-i've tried contacting sqr about the issues, but it seem they dont give a shit as they already have my money and i have no real proof of purchase and cant even take them to court over it as its only a verbal transaction, that i have no proof of either.

Should i throw another 200-600 dollars into getting a real tune?
-my only options are jzw or nordic, but that would bring the cost of my paper wieght to a near $1000 300hp wich just makes me cringe

Or should i try to get my money back by selling it on ebay/sc to some poor noob, baisically what sqr is all about?

-i dont know if i could handle the guilt or reputation. I'm pro karma so i feel this would be the worst option because it would make me paraniod and guilty and would ruin my already shitty confidence and move me from barely any love life to none at all, except for wierd dominating women, in wich would probably end up killing me in a faceless full body leather uniform. which would just suck.

so tsl wtf do i do? help me do whats best for my little saab aka susie
GS stuff
oil leak
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

yeah shitty situation, go with jzw, yes its more money but you spend it once and its right and if its not he will fix it im sure...he calls me from time to time just to see how the car is running and if he learns somthing new that will make my car better offers a reflash if he feels like doing so...he will actually awnser his phone
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
How is it blocking your CEL? Does it have the 2nd 02 sensor disabled, so it's ignoring that sensor?

What do you have for hardware?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #4

blew it on the rain

& go to Nick T. or JZW or Jak for a real deal.
At least, they will not stop until you are completely happy with the remaped ECU.
just my 2 cents, though...
Old 08-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Send me an email and I will help you out. Done a couple of these this month.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 08-06-2009, 07:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8valvegrowl View Post
How is it blocking your CEL? Does it have the 2nd 02 sensor disabled, so it's ignoring that sensor?

What do you have for hardware?
umm my cel light doesnt come on ever with the sqr ecu in, not even on start up. idk if its ignore the sensor but when i put a stock ecu in all i got was codes, like 4 of them, all for bad front 02 sensors, replaced sensor, and no more lean codes and my mpg has gone up by about 5mpg.

umm hardware is basic stg 4, td04 bigger ic 3inch dp and some other bits.
GS stuff
oil leak
Old 08-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #7

good name...

for a good craftman!
Nick, have you ever thought that your name might actually determined somehow your destiny?
Taliaferro means "the cutter of steel"...and you have a degree in machining!
Talking about coincidences
Lucian from over the Ocean
Old 08-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
Elder

Who did you buy it from

Old 08-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #9

umm automotion.. err w/e there shop is called lol
GS stuff
oil leak
Old 08-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #10
Elder

you do what you need to do. Also you said it was verbal? does that mean you didn't sign anything at any time? how did that work?

i really feel for you but do agree that if you aren't satisfied with the response you are getting then go somewhere else and take the $500 as a loss and hard lesson learned.

also you may be able to t5 it without sodering. have you cracked it open yet? i popped open my Abbott Stage 2 and it had pins already sodered in. Unless SQR did yours with a CANBUS setup they would have had to soder pins in themselves..
Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #11

it was a verbal exchange really, they just had me pay over paypal. Ohh i will have to check the ecu, that never even crossed my mine. thanks!
GS stuff
oil leak
Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarl View Post
it was a verbal exchange really, they just had me pay over paypal. Ohh i will have to check the ecu, that never even crossed my mine. thanks!
if you paid via paypal file a complaint through paypal. This is as a last resort but paypal has buyer protection with refund guarentees etc... at the very least through paypal you may get a partial refund or something.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #13

i bought a stage 3 ecu from automotion, all the problems i had wound up being problems with my car... and my check engine light still comes on, i belive they usually only do that if you ask for them to turn off that o2 sensor.

i am with you on pricing tho, veryyy expensive paper weights
Old 08-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #14
Elder

t5 and t7 has nothing to do with each other in that regard dcr99vig
Old 08-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #15

oh yeah i understand that t7 has more issues with having a maf, torque request, and blah blah but on t5 you still dont have to turn off that o2 sensor right?
it definately sounds like the tune is bad.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #16
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
I would take Nick T up on his offer.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
I would take Nick T up on his offer.
x 1 trillion billion zillion gajillion
Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #18
Elder

Unfortunately, your problem is not too uncommon as far as Automotion tunes go. The general concensus I have is that most people who went to them on here have had SQR tunes with issues.

I would vote Nick Taliaferro or JZW. I have a JZW custom tune for my stage 5 vert and it is unbelievable how much better it is over my old JSP stage 3+4 tunes. Not to mention he will tweak the tune for you if you want something adjusted.

|
|
Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #19
Elder

so let me get this straight.

-the only reason you are in a bind is because the ecu wont pass emissions since the cel doesn't turn on

-you plugged in a stock ecu, and pulled your codes and fixed the issues

questions:

- did you have a problem with the tune (power delivery etc) once you fixed the problems?

- whats stopping you from getting a sticker on the stock ecu, then putting the tune back in?

- how did you try to contact automotion?

- your aware that ecu's are electrical parts and can have faults regardless of tuner correct?

Old 08-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #20
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian900se View Post
Unfortunately, your problem is not too uncommon as far as Automotion tunes go. The general concensus I have is that most people who went to them on here have had SQR tunes with issues.

I would vote Nick Taliaferro or JZW. I have a JZW custom tune for my stage 5 vert and it is unbelievable how much better it is over my old JSP stage 3+4 tunes. Not to mention he will tweak the tune for you if you want something adjusted.
If it is an opinion that YOU have, then its not a "general consensus". While there are a few people not completely satisified with Automtion or SQR or both, there are many people who are very satisfied with the service and product. It is very easy to blame the tune, when, in reality, the problem lies elsewhere.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in