SQR - automotion tuning - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2009, 05:30 AM   #1
TSLMember

SQR - automotion tuning

So I'm planning on heading down to MA today to check out an exhaust and stage 2 by automotion tuning....just wamted other peoples opinions with those tunes on how they run etc...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
Go on your gut feeling of them when you get down there, vibe you feel. Asking people on this forum about tuner abilities causes bickering/shit storms, exspecially about sqr and jak stoll tunes on this website.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by soccerrplyr; 07-27-2009 at 05:35 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Make sure they are thorough...some people have gotten bad tunes.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
Pmed,, give me a call, im very near billrica MA, ill give you twice the tune for half the money

and unlike Sqr, ill encourage you too give me input on how your car gets setup, instead of a "one size fits all" type tune

Last edited by mike d; 07-27-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
lms
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Are you referring to frank coming and doing custom tunes at automotion which I know he will be doing, If so how much are they charging now?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
Elder

lms: too much.

i've given up on the sqr vs X debates. some people on this board are very happy with their sqr tunes. more people on this board hate SQR/automotion.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
lms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
lms: too much.

i've given up on the sqr vs X debates. some people on this board are very happy with their sqr tunes. more people on this board hate SQR/automotion.
I hear ya as I had a custom tune done a few years back on my viggen by frank and it was not cheap. But this was before ecu project and such. My car runs pretty damn good, but something just aint right, not sure if it's the tune or my car?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabhater09 View Post
So I'm planning on heading down to MA today to check out an exhaust and stage 2 by automotion tuning....just wamted other peoples opinions with those tunes on how they run etc...
A wise choice. Enjoy your tuning session.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Pmed,, give me a call, im very near billrica MA, ill give you twice the tune for half the money

and unlike Sqr, ill encourage you too give me input on how your car gets setup, instead of a "one size fits all" type tune

Just out of curiousity are you saying that you can tune cars better then frank and will do it for less??
Old 07-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
Elder

Now am starting to wonder why I got that phone call today.....
Old 07-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABPRO View Post
Just out of curiousity are you saying that you can tune cars better then frank and will do it for less??
yes and no,,,,

with staged one size fits all tunes from Sqr they never really give it all up, thats why they have 1200$ road tunes (which are actully quite good) the bad part is that you have to pay 1200$ for them (also note the last time i check prices it was before Ecu project)

there staged (one size fits all) tunes are nothing to wright home about

Sqr can do a really good job when they want too, they have proven it a number of times

what im simply saying is that even at the lower levels a good tune will get as much power, with as little boost pressure as possible. And it should take into account what the client wants

some people want a snappy lower end,, at the cost of upper end heat soak,, and vice versa.. other people are more concerned with fuel millage, ect ect ect,,

id much rather take the time to taylor a car to the clients needs/wants, even at the lower level and discuss options about future performance upgrades

rather than just take your ECU, plug it in and hope its what you wanted

the issue to me with SQR is that they simply wont do a good job untill you mortgage your house to pay the shop bill

Last edited by mike d; 07-27-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
Elder

I think the hobby tuners like alot of people on here have much more interest in helping you out rather than making a business out of this, especially a $1200 tune, which at price should better get my car to the moon.

In the end, its all your choice. Brand name one size fits all tune vs. personalized 'no-name' tunes.

|
|
Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
Elder

i have never seen a single person pay the listed 1200 for a custom tune fyi.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to Tikka
Are you in charge of their finances?

There are a lot of people who aren't on the interwebs.

Quote:
Which is fine. Because another guy got hit by a deer. Yes, a deer ran into a man.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
Flirting With TSL Addiction

They will give you a custom tune for their normal price....as long as you are clear on all your hardware, and if they have a custom tune meeting those specs. They even "road test" your car to make sure that ever thing was done right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
yes and no,,,,

with staged one size fits all tunes from Sqr they never really give it all up, thats why they have 1200$ road tunes (which are actully quite good) the bad part is that you have to pay 1200$ for them (also note the last time i check prices it was before Ecu project)

there staged (one size fits all) tunes are nothing to wright home about

Sqr can do a really good job when they want too, they have proven it a number of times

what im simply saying is that even at the lower levels a good tune will get as much power, with as little boost pressure as possible. And it should take into account what the client wants

some people want a snappy lower end,, at the cost of upper end heat soak,, and vice versa.. other people are more concerned with fuel millage, ect ect ect,,

id much rather take the time to taylor a car to the clients needs/wants, even at the lower level and discuss options about future performance upgrades

rather than just take your ECU, plug it in and hope its what you wanted

the issue to me with SQR is that they simply wont do a good job untill you mortgage your house to pay the shop bill
Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
Elder

How did mrs guru put it?...

oh yea

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 07-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Quote:
Originally Posted by DViggen View Post
They even "road test" your car to make sure that ever thing was done right....
Hard work that
Old 07-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
TSLMember

delorean...check out my thread in car problems...I need some serious help
Old 07-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian900se View Post
I think the hobby tuners like alot of people on here have much more interest in helping you out rather than making a business out of this
True dat, would be great if I could make some $$ on the side. But with school and all kinda crazy stuff going on, I cant realistically do it.

And when I do charge, its silly cheap.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #20
Avid TSL User

hey i have an 05 9.3 aero with an 18t new front mount intercooler, 60lb injector. can any of you hobby tuners tune this for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in