BSR 2.5 vs SSE - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

BSR 2.5 vs SSE

I am in need of a new muffler, and may as well go for a cat back while im at it. The muffler shop quoted me at 550, So i am just going to get a new exhaust for that price. Which is better for sound and performance, the BSR 2.5 or the Saab Sport Exhaust? Idk what one to get. I would get the JT, but what about the cat for inspection? I checked the exhaust thread and still cant make up my mind... The JT is a little out of my price range too.

Last edited by booyakasha07; 07-25-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

ask a muffler shop to weld up a 2.5" cat-back. It'll be a lot cheaper than buying the JT or Saabsport.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
Elder

Or try and find a used SS. The bsr is really quiet, while the SS sounds aggressive

Old 07-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9k aero View Post
ask a muffler shop to weld up a 2.5" cat-back. It'll be a lot cheaper than buying the JT or Saabsport.
Muffler shop quoted me at 550 just for the muffler... I can hardly wait what they will charge for the welding of cat back. Get a load of this, just for the muffler part at minikie and midas, the muffler part is claimed to be something like 335$ and 50 for other parts, as well as 120 for labor... its redic.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
TSLMember

exhaust

don't use midas or meineke...use a custom exhaust shop...waaay cheaper (as I am in your same situation...325$ quoted for a custom 2.5 or 3" catback exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MY SAAB 9-3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #6

I just bought the saab sport.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #7

How hard is it to install a new exhaust? I hear the SS is very easy and great quality. Do i need just a chisel, a 1/2" socket, pliers, and a small air saw incase something is rusted shut or together. I've heard its 3 clamps and a couple rubber elastics, is it really that easy?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Yup really that easy.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to SaabDriver87
When I did mine, it was just a matter of a 13mm socket on my 3/8 cordless impact gun, and one of my dead blow hammers to break the little rust seal loose on the old exhaust joints, a couple new clam shell clamps and a few minutes later I had a Saab Sport on my 'vert. Then I came up with the brilliant idea of fitting one to our 2.5 V6...

Old 07-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #10

Nice I am PUMPED. My body work a month ago took me HOURS of tedious grinding and spraying and sanding and filling.. The way I see it was the money i saved on body work is the money earned towards upgrades =D
Old 07-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #11

Update: I was going to take pictures of the whole install, but my hands were too greasy. The hardest part was getting the bolts off on the pipe next to the cat, If i had brought my dremmel tool it would have saved a few skinned nuckles and a half hour. If all 4 bolts were not welded together with rust, It would have taken 20 mins. Since we ran into problems with the rust, took about an hour. Took the car out to do some pulls, the Saab Sport sounds better than my last exhaust, nothing to write home about, and performance wise, I felt butt gains of prolly 3% gain in pow, and it seems to rev higher faster through the RPM band. It seems to spool up faster too. It's a fun ride now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in