fianlly.... nordic ECU & Genuine rear brace - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

fianlly.... nordic ECU & Genuine rear brace

Finally have a Nordic stg 3 box in my viggen & I also added Nick's 3pt hatch brace to the car.

I am definantly enjoying the new found power in the car & it seems to be easier/less peaky to drive. 2nd gear my pirelli p zero rosso's are definantly not liking the new power since I get 1 wheel burnouts. Haven't really driven the car much to know what mpg I get & now I just get to regret not doing this years ago when I first purchased the car. ooops I hope to take the car to a new local track this october, definantly looking forward to see how the car holds up with the new power.

The rear hatch brace definantly seems to tighten things up a bit. Not as many noises/creeks/rattles as I drive around & the car feels like it has less flex when going over expansion joints/bumps.

Saabless for the first time since 1986
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

With your driving skill, I think you're gonna need a big brake kit for that car at track days now!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Ditto. Stickier rubber time too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 07-04-2009, 02:10 AM   #4
sab
Flirting With TSL Addiction

About time Gary! Glad you finally got around to it… I'm loving my Stage 4 Nordic in my 2002 9-3 Aero too!

Now go out and get some video of it in ya Viggen!

Keep well Gary and cheers from down under
sab

Old 07-04-2009, 06:17 AM   #5

I've been considering the brace. Did you get the "solid" one or the one with the removable sections?
And yes, stickier rubber is a must. My bridgestones were fine until I upgraded the ECU. The Goodyear Eagles I have are 1000% better.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
gm

The pirelli's are pretty sticky, it was kinda cool out last night so the road temps & tire temps weren't in my favor. Pirelli states to not use the tires below 50 ish degrees..... & when I do dam they suck!! When they have heat they are one of the best tires I have used, it's just they didn't have any heat in them. Also the tires are at their end of life, probably be my last summer with them since they are 3yrs old I beleive. Not sure what I will replace them with..... definantly have to be something sticky. Looking forward to putting a few more miles on the car then taking it to a dyno to see what it looks like.

I went with the solid brace since if I need to haul something I will use the minivan or yukon xl. I hope to throw a amp between the brace & the back seat actually, then hopefully attatch a small sub box to the brace so it can't slide around at all. So I figured having that brace will help keep the amp from getting scratched up....

hopefully get video this fall at the drivers school I hope to do. It will be interesting how the brakes hold up, hopefully they will be OK. Since it's a new track I should be OK.......

Old 07-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
TSLMember

Know what you mean about the spinning tires. Before my tune, even with a full exhaust, ETS, and T5 cams my 9-3 would never think about spinning the tires in 2nd. After JZW got a hold of it, totally different story. I was driving after some rain the other day and gave it in 3rd gear about 3k rpms and it crawled to redline right after spoolup Never thought I'd get wheelspin in 3rd!

Good luck with the drivers school!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J93O View Post
Know what you mean about the spinning tires. Before my tune, even with a full exhaust, ETS, and T5 cams my 9-3 would never think about spinning the tires in 2nd. After JZW got a hold of it, totally different story. I was driving after some rain the other day and gave it in 3rd gear about 3k rpms and it crawled to redline right after spoolup Never thought I'd get wheelspin in 3rd!

Just look out for those paint stripes at WOT.

Looks like I'll be sending some more cash to Nick.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm View Post
I went with the solid brace since if I need to haul something I will use the minivan or yukon xl. I hope to throw a amp between the brace & the back seat actually, then hopefully attach a small sub box to the brace so it can't slide around at all. So I figured having that brace will help keep the amp from getting scratched up....
My thoughts exactly!

Old 07-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to rafal
Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
My thoughts exactly!

That's a really nice setup. I have amp and sub wires, hatchbrace and no time to get the box and amp there.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #11
gm

yea, that's what I want to do.... I just can't decide if I should throw the amps on the back seat like what you did then either run a box like that or use the spare tire compartment for a sub.

I cannot decide how long I should keep the car actually..... thus not sure if I should spend the money on stereo stuff (already have the amps/subs). I need a trans (doesn't go into reverse 85+% of the time) & $1500 is AC work so not sure if I should throw more money at the car or not.... I was hopeing to get at least another 2-3years out of the car. hmmmmmm

Old 07-05-2009, 06:32 AM   #12
lms

Quote:
Originally Posted by J93O View Post

John loves the torque , but get some better tires as spinning tires does nothing in regards to getting from point A to point B fast.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #13
TSLMember

lms:
Oh I know I am in need of some tires. We (John) actually ended up dialing the tune back a bit towards the conservative end in regards to boost per my cautious request, and we both thought that the car felt faster after that tweak. For reference, I will usually avoid tire spin at all possible costs. Just thought I'd help sway those maybe on the fence about getting a tune. Id like to see how a Nordic tune compares now that I got mine. They have a reputation for being less peaky, and that's how I asked for mine from John.

sorry for the rambling, continue on, thread
Old 07-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #14

I think it's a perfect place to strap the nitrous bottle.

And screw the amp and stereo. You want music, just drive thru a tunnel or real close to a Jersey barrier at WOT!
Old 07-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #15
gm

I am not that much of a fan of the exh note on my viggen, I actually want to quiet it down a bit with a 2nd muffler. The SPG back when it had a stock header that I do really like but my viggen's note with it's 3in exh just doesn't do it for me.

Thus.... I need the amp/speakers/etc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in