Ordered some new toys for the Enduro. /Suspension Update. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2004, 09:02 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Ordered some new toys for the Enduro. /Suspension Update.

In the suspension dept, being as I have a early 95 900se with the old style suspension, I ordered the,

Included are: 24mm Front Sway bar off a 9-3SE
PN: 49 05 824

Front Suspension upgrade kit (not needed on mid year 95-03 cars).
PN: 89 94 097

PowerFlex poly bushings for the inner and outer track controll arm, front tie bar, and 24mm sway bar bushings.
PN: PFF66-301, PFF66-302, PFF66-303, and PFF66-304-24.

385k Candlepower KC Daylighters.

And an EGT, and Air/fuel gauge.

Stay tuned, I'll post pics of stuff as it arrives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
Elder

so, exhaust temp... why? Who really cares? explain...
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #3
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Its for tuning matters. It goes along with the AF ratio.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-10-2004, 06:43 PM   #4
Elder

Ahhh, I'm glad you asked, Jeff, some of the stone agers like to use water injection for cooling the cylinder temps. Next month I am picking up a propane injection kit. The EGT gauge will help me determine how much to "spray" If I have a little fuel left over, as the nature of Propane is more fuelish than O2ish, maybe some NO2 would be in order.

Ive mentioned it a few times on central, but nobody takes it seriosly. So without further adue, I am going to install it on my car, and pick up a mean ass ECU.

http://www.onlygoodstuff.com/product.asp?intProdID=51
Quote:
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 01-10-2004, 06:52 PM   #5
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Damn Tweek!!! You definately have to let us know how it turns out. I hope the propane doesn't cook your engine like NAWS does

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:16 PM   #6
Elder

:P errrr..... wanna race?
for your repair needs
Old 01-11-2004, 05:23 AM   #7
TSLMember

We use a propane gas to fuel cars 100% over here in the UK and europe.

The main downside is, its a very dry duel, no lube in it, so can cause valve seat recession.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:07 PM   #8
Elder

I'm only using its property as a compressed combustable gas. I read the propane comes out of the tank at -60 farenheit. I just want to achive the effect of these nice 0 degree days we are having now, only when its 90 out.

As long as you have the fuel supply with the NO2 it shouldn't be harmfull, besides, how much can a GM900 front end take anyways.
Quote:
Old 02-04-2004, 03:08 PM   #9
Elder

As an addition to the kit, I think it needs sway bar bushing clamp PN 45 43 542 I just ordered a pair, since the kit is supposed to come with a 19 mm bar, and I checked a program that shows 3 clamps, realating to the 3 diff front bars.
Quote:
Old 02-04-2004, 03:11 PM   #10
HNNLIC
Elder

How much did the new front bar cost ya? Im looking to upgrade.

Old 02-05-2004, 01:38 PM   #11
Elder

The front bar lists for about $142. I think I payed $120.
Quote:
Old 02-12-2004, 06:05 PM   #12
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to TurboRush91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsSide42
so, exhaust temp... why? Who really cares? explain...
EGT is a good way to measure how close you are to melting a cylinder or two..
Old 02-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #13
HNNLIC
Elder

Whats the melting temp for a stock cylinder?

Old 02-12-2004, 06:14 PM   #14
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to TurboRush91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaque_Out
With cast, you pretty much 1450 is the max you'd ever want to see at full tilt
Old 02-13-2004, 06:26 AM   #15
ERP
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ERP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRush91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaque_Out
With cast, you pretty much 1450 is the max you'd ever want to see at full tilt
Actually the Saab engine can take quite a bit more than this. The info that I got from Dr. Boost, the guy who designed the Trionic system, was not to exceed 2000 F EGT out of the cylinders. My EGT sensor is after the turbo and on long full boost runs will max at 1500. This means that before the turbo EGT are around 1800, due to the temp drop across the turbine. During normal highway cruising my EGT gauge reads 1200-1300 F.
1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
Old 02-13-2004, 08:30 AM   #16
Elder

As an amendment to the Propain kit, the gas holds an octane of 108, and being a gas, not a liquid, it mixes easier with the air, to fill up lean spots.
Quote:
Old 02-14-2004, 12:08 AM   #17
Elder

Holy hell!

Imagine your first run on parabolic skis. This thing carves! I just think, left or right, and it goes that way.

I knew that adding a bar up front, larger than my upgraded rear, would lead to understeer again, But I can still kick the end out if I try. Mind you I am still using snow tires on all 4. So some warm weather tests with SO-3s are in order.

I related the feel to my buddy Rooster, that if I had champagne glasses stacked on the hood, the would not fall off. The front end stays flat as pancake, and thats with stock shocks and springs. It does feel like the rear wags a bit to much, but with some tighter konis out back, than in front. I think I can balance it back to oversteer. All I can say is, the car goes exactly where its pointed. No matter how much you ask of it, it will reply. 90* turns are done with no thought at all, at speed. If you are looking for results, I recomend this. Shocks and springs may emulate the effect, but this is the bare bones, foundation of it all.
Quote:
Old 02-14-2004, 12:22 AM   #18
HNNLIC
Elder

Im glad they turned out so well. I can't wait to get my suspension upgraded here soon.

Old 02-17-2004, 06:35 PM   #19
Elder

Update, suspension still doing very nicely.

I also made my downpayment on a never used, propane injection system for the saab. can you say 108 octane on demand

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in