Remus Exhaust. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #1
Administrator
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Boxerchip
Remus Exhaust.

This is a remus exhaust right? where can i get one and would that size fit on my 9-3 2 door hatch back or not? have you heard good things about this exhaust? if not whats the best oval "back box" you have heard of?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
Administrator

just ordered a new remus racing exhaust... it sounds realllly nice and they say it will give me 6-10 more HP so i just hope it fits... its a dual pipe so i dont know if it does not... ill have to get a new bumper
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-08-2004, 07:52 PM   #3
Elder

just re-fab your current bumper. Remove it and cut out where the exhaust will run to, and get some fiberglass and all the works to do it. Just re-shape the cut outs to look normal and either you re-paint it, or take it to a shope to get re-sprayed to match the rest of the car. Cheper I'm sure then getting a new bumper cover, and you'll learn how to deal with fiberglass and such.
for your repair needs

Old 01-08-2004, 08:26 PM   #4
Administrator

yeah i may do that.... cauz i REALLY like this exhausts look/sound
Old 01-19-2004, 03:32 PM   #5
Administrator

just got it today... im getting it installed tomarow ill get some pics and tell you what i think. Also when i went to the place today the guy said if i wanted the car to be a little louder he could take off this mini muffler thing. its like right under the car and i was just wondering if all cars have these? also will it make the car too loud?
Old 01-19-2004, 04:21 PM   #6
Elder

you can get one of their mufflers off e-bay for about $55 shipped. They look nice. Shame i have a perfectly good OEM one...
for your repair needs
Old 01-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerchip
just got it today... im getting it installed tomarow ill get some pics and tell you what i think. Also when i went to the place today the guy said if i wanted the car to be a little louder he could take off this mini muffler thing. its like right under the car and i was just wondering if all cars have these? also will it make the car too loud?
The intermediate muffler or resonator is replaced with a straight pipe as part of the Saab Sport Exhaust kit. The resonator is stock in all B204L applications.

If you are interested in street legal volume and reduced back pressure, go to midas and get them to bend you a 3" turbo-back with 3" cat to a flowmaster muffler. Make sure they weld in 2 O2 sensor bungs.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #8
Administrator

im getting the remus exhaust put on... but they are going to weld me a full 3 inch later this month
Old 01-19-2004, 07:02 PM   #9
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
What about your downpipe?

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:20 PM   #10
Administrator

yeah full 3 inch
DP and cat back all 3...
Old 01-19-2004, 07:27 PM   #11
WS
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to WS
i would like a downpipe but i think its way too costly. How much did u get it for and how much for install?
-BSR Cat-Back and Intake
Old 01-20-2004, 09:28 AM   #12
Administrator

its not in yet... the guy said he can do it for about 200 but thats with no cat... and that was just a rough.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #13
Administrator

got that sucker on today.... it looks and sounds pretty pimp. ill see if i can get some pics/ sound recordings up here.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:11 PM   #14
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Good deal!! I can't wait to see how it looks.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:15 PM   #15
Elder

Likewise - see about getting the sound bit. That would rock.
for your repair needs
Old 01-20-2004, 05:13 PM   #16
Elder

is that pronounced "ream-us"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in