MP Swaybar on my 9-3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
MP Swaybar on my 9-3

Ok so I was driving this weekend and I got reminded how much I love my car when I was getting onto the freeway. I can remember before I installed the MPPerformance sway bar the tail end of my car used to have some bounce and heavy body roll but after the install the attitude of the car is so much different and I never get that body roll from the rear now ever! Needless to say this is just a post to remind people if you have not done this mod then you need to!! You will definatley notice the difference on the car when you hit the twisties and circular onramps or hell even a fast right or left hand turn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
Agreed....

Upgrading the rear sway bar was one of my first mods over 3 years ago..and yes I have to agree with Steve.., if you haven't .., you simply must. In order to really appreciate what a work of art this car truly is.

Feels like when you find the right upgrade, its more like solving a mystery or finding a piece of the missing puzzle.

Whether you upgrade with MP's, SAS, Nick's....it's just a simple removal of the old one's 4 bolts (I believe), and bolting up the new solid one... Mine came with a thread lock type bolt, and once your on the floor, recheck or retighten the bolts.

This upgrade made me keep the car....
Old 04-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
My kit had Nylon inserted thread locking nuts for it as well and it took less tha 15 minutes in the driveway with now jacking up of my car to do the job. AS for the 4 bolts you are right on there are 4 bolts and 2 plates to remove and the new one is ready to go right on!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 04-11-2005, 07:49 AM   #4
SAAB Road Master

yeah, the toughest part is removing the stock one because of how corroded the stock bolts are. once thats off, the installation of the new one takes a few minutes. well worth the money, too. something like 80 bucks shipped from MP, can you really beat that?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:03 AM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Alright alright, I'll finally get one!

Then I'll double-stack the convertible.
It's good to have 2 "NG's".
Old 04-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

i have a 25mm rear bar and it is frickin awesome. real tail happy
Old 04-11-2005, 08:24 AM   #7
Elder

We have a place out here called Black Star Canyon that is nothing but a giant snaking winding road and that is the first place I took my car to test it after I put the bar on a while back and I just could not believe that such an inexpensive upgrade could do that much for my car. Simply amazing!

Old 04-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #8
Elder

I still didn't get it yet! Persuade me more

Old 04-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmdesign
I still didn't get it yet! Persuade me more
So what do I need to attach video?????

Old 04-11-2005, 10:14 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
I just put on the 22mm bar and its one of those mods that is "How on earth did I live without this?"

Your car will be born anew with it.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:35 AM   #11
Trollerator
Elder

geez, Steve, how much is Mp paying you for all this advertising?

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 04-11-2005, 11:09 AM   #12

lol i actually pay them discounted prices lol.... i might as well b their PR guy... with all the help lol....
Old 04-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456
geez, Steve, how much is Mp paying you for all this advertising?
No payment they just have the right attitude and senses when it comes to SAAB's and I like the fact that they are into the enthusiast more than the all mighty buck first.

I will speak up on any part that I get at a good price that does as much as or more than the descritpion says!

Old 04-11-2005, 12:19 PM   #14
Elder

Well then get us some friggen N/A parts would ya

Old 04-11-2005, 12:29 PM   #15
Trollerator
Elder

Between Steve and Rico you guys do more to promote MP products than Saabcentral admins push "parts for Saabs" and BSR!

at least here we can say anything we want. words like "elkparts" are not swears here.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 04-11-2005, 12:48 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmdesign
Well then get us some friggen N/A parts would ya
I have talked to Chris about that and I know he has talked about it so maybe in the future. I have also been looking into some N/A stuff myself since a big part of my background was as a machinist so you never know what will come down the road.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456
Between Steve and Rico you guys do more to promote MP products than Saabcentral admins push "parts for Saabs" and BSR!

at least here we can say anything we want. words like "elkparts" are not swears here.
Your right that Ricot and I do that but you know why? Its for the simple fact that all the other tuners say you can't get more power without doing this or that or buying an ECu upgrade and Mp has proven that philosiphy wrong by things like proven Dyno's for Hp gain on Dp's and intakes. I do have to say that for the original post of this thread if you go Genuine, MP or double stack 2 stock sway bars you will still get a great effect on your ride!! So I put Mp first becuase thats what I have on my car but if I had a genuine brace it would have been titled "My Genuine SAAB Sway Bar" . I am a pretty fair and open person and I think companies like BSR and Elkparts make good quality stuff but due to the import issues it is just quiet expensive here to get there stuff. But enough said.. no more soap box speeches! .

Old 04-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehayes01
I have talked to Chris about that and I know he has talked about it so maybe in the future. I have also been looking into some N/A stuff myself since a big part of my background was as a machinist so you never know what will come down the road.
Saweeettt

Old 04-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #19

i like chicken!!

on a serious note i am good friends with Eric, so he takes care of me and i take care of them. i promote them for all the reasons that steve listed, as well as the fact that i have proven many people's theories right or wrong depending.... just take a trip over to saabnet and look what i started with the thread titled limp home mode. People are so ignorant and egotistical that they can not b wrong, and if something isn't done the way they know.. (in my case power with stock ecu) they refuse to believe it and will argue to the death.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
well i have nick sway bar... and i say no matter who you buy it from it is THE best upgrade you will ever do... well i havent done evrything so i dont know if its theee best but so far for me it is!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in