Boost gauge, what is this part for? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 07:02 AM   #1
Trollerator
Elder

Boost gauge, what is this part for?

what is this red part for? It looks like it clips around two wires, but it only allows one to actually go all the way through. what is it for, what does it do?

it has some metal thingie, too, that looks like it also clamps down?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2005, 07:31 AM   #2

That's a spliceless electrical line tap.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:35 AM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

thanks, Mike.

see, me being an artist type, I don't do much electrical wiring type stuff. now this makes sense.

so I assume the side where the wire does not go through, that is for the wire with the open end that goes to my boost guage. the other side that allows the wire to pass through clamps onto my "wire of choice" in the car, to steal power for the gauge. the metal thing cuts into the rubber and makes contact with both wires at once, so the signal jumps from one to the other, and I don't have to cut anything.

Is that how it goes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 04-05-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
Elder

those things are not very reliable - a good plice is still much more effective - my a/f gauge went on the fritz again - has one of those on the connection to the O2 - i unhooked it again, stupid little thing, neat idea.
for your repair needs
Old 04-05-2005, 06:30 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
yeah i dont like them at all... they open up and sometimes dont even cut the wire....
Old 04-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

They can be a pain if the wire isn't the right gauge for the tap. Then the wires can slide out or sometimes the tap pops open.
They can save allot of time if you're hooking up a car alarm or something with allot of splicing.
I always wrap them with electrical tap to make sure they don't come loose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in