T25 capability - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
T25 capability

Anyone figure out how to sweeze the full potential out of one of these turbos without an ECU, or MBC?

Seems like so many mods are being done relative to the components required for a tuned ECU. Has anyone dyno'd all of their upgrades without the modified ECU yet?

I'm told the T25 turbo has the potential of supporting up to 250hp, the question is how to get it without having to buy a tuned ECU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2005, 06:42 PM   #2

You might be able to squeeze that out of a T25, but your EGTs would probably be insane....That's a really small exhaust housing and I can't see it hitting and holding the RPMs necessary for 250 hp for long...

Have you found a compressor map to check it against?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-15-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
you wont see 250 out of a T25 I can almost gauruntee it. That T25 is like the Mitsubishi 14G's and 16G's and is not very good past around 230HP-240Hp (IMHO) without generating a whole host of other issues to go with it.

You may be able to swap the exhaust housing and squeeze that out of it but I think that you would run out of power quickly and suffer from massive heat soak in the intake system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 03-15-2005, 11:45 PM   #4

http://www.hexfiles.com/resources/co...maps/T3-60.gif

I don't know...seems likely. Of course running just about center of the graph near 74% eff... circle would probably take a tuned ECU to get you there....assuming the best mechanics would have to be in place before and after the compressor/turbine.....

here are some other compressor maps located....
http://www.hexfiles.com/resources/compressor_maps/
Old 03-16-2005, 01:16 AM   #5
SAABeginner

HI

I have 256bhp out of my T25 and I know \john gets 269bhp out of his no problem so think you can get more than 250bhp out of a T25

Rob
Old 03-16-2005, 04:20 AM   #6

Welcome the site Rob12,

What kind of mods are you running to get there. Are you using a retuned ECU or MBC?

thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 04:51 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Send a message via ICQ to 9-3 Mike Send a message via MSN to 9-3 Mike
Nordic has dynoed 270bhp with a T25.....

Iv'e also hear about Maptun that claim around 285bhp on a 2,3t.

NEW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1/8mile = 8,807sec @ 87,1mph
Old 03-16-2005, 05:10 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
why even bother with a wastegate then? it would be closed almost 100% of the time...
Old 03-16-2005, 05:32 AM   #9
SAABeginner

Thanks for the welcome

Im running Maptun Stage 3 ECU, Viggen Intercooler, 3 Inch Cat Free Downpipe, Abbott Racing Exhaust and a JR induction Kit.

I should be able to get some more out of it as need to adjust the base boost.

Rob
Old 03-16-2005, 06:49 AM   #10

That's great to hear.
I was hoping to get to around 250hp with my T25.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob12
Thanks for the welcome

Im running Maptun Stage 3 ECU, Viggen Intercooler, 3 Inch Cat Free Downpipe, Abbott Racing Exhaust and a JR induction Kit.

I should be able to get some more out of it as need to adjust the base boost.

Rob
Rob, have you considered installing an EGT gauge? I'd be really curious to see what they were.

Any dyno slips to show us the torque curve?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:24 AM   #12
SAABeginner

HI whats a EGT ????

I will post power chart when I figured out how to work the scanner !!!!!!!! but it looks good

Rob
Old 03-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #13

EGT ....Exhaust Gas Temperature... The best sensor to indicate whether your car is running lean. The best for those of us that like to tune our cars also.

The stage 3 Maptun ECU on a T25 is what I ran for about 228 +.., at the wheels but was wondering how to get 250hp out of the turbo without the tuning.

What is the real limitation, if you have a 400+ CFM IC, 3 inch intake, .....Abbott Delivery Pipe, and a whole lot of other mods lets just say..

Sure with enough boost we can easily get those numbers for seconds at a time using a retuned ECU. But what about running your mods without that retuned ECU, what HP will you get then?

Most of us know that the stock Trionic ECU adapts according to your driving habits...but is a tuned ECU just a full time adapted ECU with a few limits raised to achieve optimal results?

I could see my boost limits raised...which is no doubt where that extra HP comes from..., but only happens for so many seconds.

I pulled my Maptun ECU (for various reasons), and pulled my T28/TD04 out for the winter and an upgrade. I noticed with a T25 the spool up is still incredible. But with all of the mods....might be time to get her redyno'd.

regards
Old 03-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #14
SAABeginner

Here is the graph from saturday, hope it comes out ok

Rob
Old 03-17-2005, 04:00 PM   #15
SAABeginner

Lets try again !!!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 04:00 PM   #16

That looks pretty good, but I'm no expert...

A/F looks steady and adjusting to output....the engine is breathing nicely....
Old 03-17-2005, 04:18 PM   #17
SAABeginner

Thanks Mike

It the guys on the rolling road were very impressed with how smooth she is, its not bad base boost needs adjusting so might get a bit more out of her there. On the road it feels great so smooth and great fun with only your right foot as traction control

Rob
Old 03-23-2005, 11:05 AM   #18
SAABeginner

So is this just the regular stage 3 Maptun ECU? or did they customize it to your specs? I'm asking mostly because the Viggen I/C isn't listed in their suggested harware, but would be of a benefit to customize the ECU to fit it. These are my exact hardware mods, so obviously I'm very excited that I can get my car like this too!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #19
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Im hoping to break that number with my Nordic Stage 3, on the same stock T25.

I hope to have dyno this weekend.. so this should be interesting.

On a side note, i have noticed how stable aftermarket ECUs programming is. I get no spikes what so ever and so far the boost remains solid. Im very pleased.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 03-23-2005, 01:50 PM   #20
Administrator
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via ICQ to bollman Send a message via AIM to bollman
I have the Maptun Stage 3, 3" JT with sports cat and a Viggen IC. I also had the torque limiter on second and third removed. I have full boost on gears 2-5 and only base boost on first (as to save the tires a bit). And, from what I can tell, the boost goes fast and smooth up to 1.4 bar (20 psi) at around 4500rpm and then falls back to around 1 bar (14.5psi) at 6000rpm. The biggest problem is obviously heat. When I do a WOT from second gear and up, as soon as I hit fourth, the intake temp is way up and the boost is being reduced, so at around 5000rpm on fourth I´m down to base boost. If I put in fifth and cruise at that speed for about a minute and then floor it again, the boost gets up to 1.4 (20) again and stays there just as in lower gears (I haven´t had the tires, nor the road to test top speed and what happens above 5000rpm on fifth...yet). There should be no problem as to hit the rev limiter on fifth gear, which happens at around 270-280km/h (170-175mph). It made 250 (155mph) easilly with the BSR stage 1 I had before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in