MP Performance FMIC - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
TSLMember

MP Performance FMIC

Any feedback from anyone who has ordered/received/installed? The price is very attractive. Thanks in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2005, 09:53 AM   #2
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to Spray Send a message via MSN to Spray
I ordered mine last week...definately a great deal...they even threw in the hoses i needed for install...cant wait to get mine on
2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B #286/500

Stage 2+
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
I have it on my 9-3 SE HOT and it's great! Boost is steadier and slightly higher than it was stock and I notice I don't get heat soak near as fast or near as often. This is a very worthwhile upgrade to do and you will notice a difference in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to JABM
Still waiting to get mine in the mail
Old 03-08-2005, 04:44 AM   #5
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

waiting for mine as well...can't wait to see what it does

thus....there will be a viggen IC fore sle in the near future

Saabless for the first time since 1986
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:54 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
did anyone also order the delivery pipe along with it?
Old 03-08-2005, 07:49 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

that is next on the list caused im still runnning the single side piece of crap stock one
Old 03-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #8
gm

I didn't order the delivery pipe, I think usually their prices are excellent 90+% of the time but I will not spend that much on a delivery pipe. I plan on having one made locally

Saabless for the first time since 1986
Old 03-08-2005, 08:14 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
i dunno im thinking about getting the both of them together... they supply the silicone too i belive... and has all the fittings already in it... or well im just lazy...
Old 03-08-2005, 09:48 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Yeah, the delivery pipe just isn't worth the money in my opinion...I would have bought their downpipe but I could make my own stainless TIG welded one with cat for less than half the cost, so I didn't get that from them either.
In general, I find MP to be a great deal and a great resource.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:44 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to ricot83 Send a message via MSN to ricot83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABM
Yeah, the delivery pipe just isn't worth the money in my opinion...I would have bought their downpipe but I could make my own stainless TIG welded one with cat for less than half the cost, so I didn't get that from them either.
In general, I find MP to be a great deal and a great resource.
this theory of the downpipe has ben tested already and u will b hard pressed to make one of the same quality for less the price..... eric tig welded my downpipe i then added a 3" cat and tig welded that in place as well... if u r gonna make your own delivery pipe i would suggest not having a bunch of welds all over the place, just get it press bent instead, as this will cause less restrictions then the welds will
Old 03-09-2005, 06:18 AM   #12
Avid TSL User

I agree-

I probably will not do a delivery pipe for these reasons, but the exhaust is not difficult to build for less money IF you have the skills and the tools to do it right, and you don't mind taking the time.
I wouldn't have decided to fab my own except that I have access to good prices on 3" mandrel bent stainless steel, and on a 3" cat.
I also have a little experience with TIG welding, but more importantly, I have a close friend who owns a manchine shop and is willing to TIG all of the pieces together.

I figure that 175 bucks in parts for a full stainless downpipe that is TIG welded with a cat and flex pipe is worth the extra time I have to put into the fabrication - especially since I ENJOY fabrication.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:42 AM   #13
SAABeginner

how about how the MP would compare to a regular Viggen one? To be mounted on a 99 9-3.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:52 AM   #14
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to Spray Send a message via MSN to Spray
https://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforu...ghlight=viggen

Should help you out..
2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B #286/500

Stage 2+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in