Saab Link Forums banner

New suspension parts for the drag car

3K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  andyt 
#1 ·
Just some part pron.. Going on the drag car. Hopefully will help with wheel hop and allow better alignment. :D Not a street car part. Spherical bearings are very harsh on the road.

See less See more
#8 ·
Nick
You are definetly the leader far as adapting real race products to our Saab applications in the US. You must be congratulated for your ability visualize the shortcomings of our vehicles and find ways to develope products that have helped us all in improving the performance of our Saabs.
The fact that you have been able to bring many of these products successfully into the marketplace is even a greater acheivement.

I only wish you would have been around about ten years ago when I was borrowing the same parts from my stock car buddies to fabricate similar products for my 9000.

#14 ·
I agree, without all the great parts from Nick, I would not have a fast, fairly safe vert with 500bhp+! The rear arb, the voxtland springs, the koni adjustable, the steering rack brace, the poly bushings up front, the sloted rotors and pads, the stainless brake lines, the enem cams, the stiffer valve springs, the 2.5" tb elbow, the adjustable cam gears, the 3 bar map sensor, the je forged pistons for b234r, the spec stage 3 clutch with viggen pp, the spec stage 3 clutch with spec pp, all these all came from Nick:mrgreen:

Not that he made them all, but having them easily available in the states and two days away for me is a great thing for us Saab owners.

It really is becoming a one stop shopping center and that makes it easy and nice when you get all the parts you need from one vender.

The innovation is great and I wish I could put all these parts on my car now, too bad Nick does not own a 9k he loves, then we would have something:mrgreen:

John

#9 ·
I was thinking of arms similar to those that used bushings instead of the Heim joints. I was trying to think of something to adjust the camber on lowered cars so they dont eat the insides of the tires out so fast. It was either arms or slotting the strut towers and making an adjustable tower brace. Awesome looking product! How much adjustability do they give for camber, and when making the adjustments how bad does it affect the track width? Is there any possibility of some of those with some poly inner mounts?

#10 ·
yup. definitely in for a set for my holset car.

i asked him about camber this morning. he said it will provide very little camber adjustment :(

regardless, i'm definitely gonna rock out a set of these, maybe one for the the rally car too :D

#15 ·
Its nice that you have a local provider in the Us since importing from europe can be costly.
Similar suspension parts have been available for a while on this side of the globe, here is for instance the model racestuff carries

Sadly the Eur to Dollar is going the wrong way for us and importing stuff from Us is not that good of a deal anymore, it surely was when 1Eur was 1.6USD :)

#30 ·
Parts installed after quite a fight.. Not exactly bolt on.. ;( Fair bit of extra fabrication/ modification needed. Took too many hours to fit them.

On test drive.. Fair bit of road noise. crashes over every seam. Just as expected. Quite a bit more than just the inner sphericals I tried on the Vig. This is even with the stock 205/50-16 at 32psi

I need to find the memory card for the video camera.

And the adaptor we had to fabricate to make the front sway bar work.

Few more here.
http://genuinesaab.com/gallery/20BodyChassis

Got to check the power/ tune on the dyno and then off to the drag strip. :)

#33 ·
Did you consider a diff model car's end links? Nissan's and mazda's have a variety that look like they could have worked. Meet the bar perp to the car, and the arm para with the car.

#34 ·
once all the kinks are worked out, and it could be a bolt on operation, plus a small mark up for your work, design, and trouble....i think it's highly possible that there could be a market for this part. I've started to put another partition in my GS fund, just in case!;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.