Saab Link Forums banner

T3/T4 and custom manifold

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JZW 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried using a T3/T4 turbo? from what it seems... it looks like their cheaper than t25 GT series turbos and yet making the same hp at a more affordable price. maybe this tax return ill buy the manifold flange from GS and some piping/merge collector from vibrant and give it a go. I don't see why it should be an issue... other than connecting the DP to the exhaust side and that would just be hacked welded to vband. what do you guys think?

#5 ·
for the money you're going to dump into having a custom manifold built, just buy something with a T25 flange. in the end, it's going to cost me more $ to go holset + custom manifold than it would have cost to simply throw in a gt30 or gt35. going through that trouble for a T3/T4 is a complete waste of time and money, IMO. you can get your T25 built into a T28, or buy a used TD04 15T and get it built into a 19T for less than a manifold is going to cost.

#6 ·
The reason is the t3/4 turbos are old technology and known for being pretty darn laggy. So even though they will reach the same peak hp, the journal bearing design will be on the laggy side and not spool near as good as a bb turbo or gt double bb or even a Holset that will make more power and spool just as fast as a gt double bb turbo.

If I was going to do a manifold, I would just get a holset and be done with it.

JOhn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.