Saab Link Forums banner

t7 blowoff?

7K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  rafal 
#1 ·
What happens if you have a blow off on a t7?

What’s the damage to the motor? and what is the worst that could happen, my friend with a Volvo is putting one on his car and he has a MAF and all that happens is he gets a check engine so I’m just wondering what will happen, same thing with boost controller

#8 ·
What happens if you have a blow off on a t7?

What's the damage to the motor? and what is the worst that could happen, my friend with a Volvo is putting one on his car and he has a MAF and all that happens is he gets a check engine so I'm just wondering what will happen, same thing with boost controller
Try it.... come back with results. Or you can use the search or pay attention to the millions of threads on here about this.

Here's what your results will look like.

Car will run for a few blow offs.
Check engine light will come on.
Car will die.
You will realize we were right.
You just wasted your time.

#41 ·
Even more so, someone with proper logging equipment should do this so thet you would actually see what it does to the engine and not just rely on "it works just fine for me". The problem is that I don't believe anyone who has such datalogging equipment, and thus probably some real understanding of how engines work, would be stupid enough to risk his engine for the "collective good" :p

#42 ·
It has the same general purpose of a diverter valve but it goes about it in a different way. A BOV vents the leftover air into the atmosphere, a diverter valve recirculates the air back into the system.
I don't think you can really compare a 350z to a Saab. Totally different kind of managements. One comes boosted from the factory, the other doesn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.