Saab Link Forums banner

putting viggen front brakes on 9-3

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  JK 
#1 ·
Can I just pick up a set of re-manned calipers from eeuro and some pads and rotors to convert my 9-3 to the larger viggen front brake package? the calipers are only $60 a piece.

#5 ·
I aint running no dust shields. Firstly, I wouldn't buy anything remand from EEuro unless you wanna replace it again next yet.

2ndly, you need to confirm the casting numbers on the carriers to make sure they will clear the new rotors.

I think we found Rude's front calipers used for $60 a pop and swapped the carriers onto his calipers just to be safe.

#14 ·
Wait....Aren't the calipers the same. Just the carriers place the calipers further up, allowing for a larger rotor? I think I remember reading that on PFS website, but a few places have different part #'s for them.
Indeed!

I find it strange that these carriers are so hard to find. I guess its not really a wear part, so it seems to make sense.

What do the dealers charge for them?

#12 ·
Wait....Aren't the calipers the same. Just the carriers place the calipers further up, allowing for a larger rotor? I think I remember reading that on PFS website, but a few places have different part #'s for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.