Saab Link Forums banner

Cat-back or intercooler first ??

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Marksy 
#1 ·
I'm calling on the wisdom of the wise here. 2000 Viggen Vert. 129k, Stage 3 Nordic, V2 DP, GS intake. I know I need the ETS like yesterday, but my stock exhaust is pissing me off. Its rattling and squeaking (and too quiet). A hanger has been missing since I bought it last year. When I take right turns, it sounds like the biggest shit box in the world. The rest of the exhaust isn't rotted and I'm a fan of the stock tip. The ETS IS going to get done, eventually.

Basically, Is exhaust right now a step forward? or to the side? I was also considering chopping out the resonator and fixing the hanger. Worth it?

Thanks in advance ladies and gents. . . .

#11 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to try to find some time to get it to the exhaust shop, unless I get ahold of a sawzall. still need a hanger though. Wish i pulled the trigger on the ETS already. Hopefully i can pick one up before it starts getting too cold here.

my 99 vig has the muffler removed and the center res and its not really loud but it has a great tone.
I like this idea as well, maybe more.

Anybody ever cut the res AND muffler out ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.