Saab Link Forums banner

Cleaning GS Blue Filter

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Champ 
#1 ·
Hey All,

I have the GS cold air intake with the blue filter, my question is,

Can i use the K&N filter cleaning kit (Red Oil) or do i need to use the Blue Filter Cleaner and Oil Kit from GS?

many thanks

a.

#5 ·
I'd be a little hesitant to oil the filter or over oil it. K+N filters caused horror shows on so many GM mass air flow sensors that GM actually came out with a bulletin about them. Definetly DO NOT use any oiled filter on a Duramax 6.6, just in case you guys shoe-horned one in your NG or 9-3. My GS filter does look dirty though. I'm gonna be quiet and see how this pans out. . . . .

#12 ·
yes, oil can and will deposit over time on the MAF sensor. That is primary reason why they make a sovent-base sray cleaner for this sensor.

The oil is required for k&n based filters...they come with directions for a reason.

#14 ·
The oil is required for k&n based filters...they come with directions for a reason.
some products have directions that don;t need to be followed they are there to make people spend more money.

regardless i supose dishwasher will work to clean but you still need the oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.