Saab Link Forums banner

RC nitromethane for w/m injection

650 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JZW 
#1 ·
Okay...so i've been googling and searching threads for hours...and it seems the only one with REAL discussion on using RC nitro in w/m injection is the aquamist forum which is DOWN.

It's buggin the ish outta me b/c, I've recently acquired some 40% O'Donnell nitro with a low oil content (between 5 to 9%). I'm wondrin if I can put a few (8) ounces of this in my 50/50 (2 bottles of heet, one gal or -20 washer fluid) w/m mix and be okay. Now i'm no math wiz, but if it's 40% nitro and 9% oil, that leaves the other 51% to be methanol... and adding 8 ounces of this stuff to an already 50/50 mixed w/m would be very very little oil, right?

Problem is, that very very little oil....even if it's very very little.... is it safe? I know snow sells a "proprietary" blend of nitro to add to their w/m kits, and if I remember chemistry class it's pretty much only methanol that can mix with nitro. They won't fess up on whether or not their mix has oil in it.... so anyone out there who knows any better, please help!

#2 ·
No, don't put the nitromethane with oil in the car. Snowperformance sells the solution and you can buy it from them. I ran this while racing and it was like a 50hp shot and the car was on friggin fire!

Its called nitrobooster or something. I get my nitromethane from a local model airplane fuel maker. I can get some for you. It only needs about 6oz for a 2 qt bottle.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.