Koni Sport Kit - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Koni Sport Kit

If you have this kit, what settings do you typically keep this it at for a DD?

please list the car its on too : conv't/3/5 door. thanks

I am going to be installing this sometime this week/ weekend and want to have a rough estimate as to where i should set it from the get-go.

thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
JK
Elder

9-3 5 door, base, stock springs. I keep them on full soft all around.

They are not matched great to the stock springs. They feel better on other cars that I've been in with upgraded springs, but they still feel OK in my car.

I suggest going for the better springs right off the bat.

Also, it takes less than two minutes to change all 4 corners from full soft to full firm.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
I have a Viggen with all the suspension mods one could have.

I have it on full soft for DD. It rides a bit better than stock that way.

On full firm its a bit head bouncing for DD. But its quite a bit more responsive and fun, easy enough to dial it up in a minute when I am feeling playful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 09-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post
9-3 5 door, base, stock springs. I keep them on full soft all around.

They are not matched great to the stock springs. They feel better on other cars that I've been in with upgraded springs, but they still feel OK in my car.

I suggest going for the better springs right off the bat.

Also, it takes less than two minutes to change all 4 corners from full soft to full firm.

thanks, I've got the full Sport Kit with the Koni springs and shocks/struts.

I wasn't sure about changing the rears as they'll be under the carpet in the trunk. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to cut through that.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo9three View Post
thanks, I've got the full Sport Kit with the Koni springs and shocks/struts.

I wasn't sure about changing the rears as they'll be under the carpet in the trunk. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to cut through that.
On my Vig there was a slight indent in the carpet around the towers which made a perfect outline to cut. I also have the MP rear strut bar which had me make those cuts ahead of time anyway.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
On my Vig there was a slight indent in the carpet around the towers which made a perfect outline to cut. I also have the MP rear strut bar which had me make those cuts ahead of time anyway.
Jealous.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
On my Vig there was a slight indent in the carpet around the towers which made a perfect outline to cut.
Same deal here. You can't even tell mine is cut, unless you push in on the little flap.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
Admin
Elder

Send a message via AIM to snow4_1man
On my previous Viggen this kit was installed, i had it on Full firm living in Boston and i wish it could go firmer. I don't think i even messed with full soft.
99 LTB Vig - Awesome Rally Crash! - RIP
99 LTB Vig - Sold

Last edited by snow4_1man; 09-22-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #9
SAAB Road Master

I have the 2000 convertible - I started at full soft, moved to halfway for a few weeks and then went to full sport. At first I thought this isn't too harsh, I can drive around like this, but after a few weeks I went back to full soft.

Very easy to change, I didn't even have to cut the rear carpet in the conv, I can pull it right to the side.

I love the kit, well worth the $.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #10

I have the Koni shocks, with the Eibach springs....I have all 4 corners set to medium. It's been great in Boston & NYC. Firm, but not too firm...complient when needed. Full soft was too soft...it still drove nice, but I didn't think there was an upgrade from stock. '00 3dr Viggen
Old 09-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
Koni springs and dampers on a 5-door
1" Rear ARB
MP Rear Brace

If 0% (Soft)---100% (Hard)
I keep mine on 50% Front and 75% Rear for most of the time. If I'm taking a longish trip (interstate) I set F/R to 0%. If I'm at an autoX I set F/R to 100%.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:04 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Adrenaline406
great to know as this will most definitely be my next mod.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in