[b]blow-off valve and intake[/b] - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
SAABeginner

[b]blow-off valve and intake[/b]

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the replies to my post in the newbie section. Everyone was a TON of help! But anyways, here's a couple pics of the blow-off valve and the intake that was just put on my car thanks to Eric and Chris of MP Performance.

The blow-off valve is an OBX Type-H and the intake is the JR intake that normally comes with a heat shield, but they forgot to send that with my order so I'm still waitin' for it. Tell me what you think. Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2005, 01:32 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
well i like it... but how do YOU like it?
Old 02-26-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
SAABeginner

BOV and intake . . .

I LOVE it! The sound the BOV puts off is amazing and I love how I can really hear my turbo spool up now with the intake. I couldn't be happier with it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 02-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
just becarefull without the sheild... make sure the intake pipe isnt rubbing the belt.... glad you like it... up the boost with a MBC now!! WEEEEE
Old 02-26-2005, 10:43 PM   #5
SAABeginner

mbc

yeah, i made sure to tie the intake pipe off so that it wouldn't rub the belt. the heat shield should be here by tuesday, so i'll be puttin' that on. my next mod will definitely be an MBC for sure.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:28 AM   #6
Elder

Yeah looks like you are holding onto the intake pipe with that twistie tie stuff used on bread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:12 AM   #7
SAABeginner

bread wire . . .

haha, basically i am. actually, it's just a small piece of aluminum wire twisted on there for the time being. it works though!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:54 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Downpipe next...and remove that hood insulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 02-28-2005, 03:01 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

would removing the hood insulation damage the paint or warp the hood from the heat do u think?
Old 02-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
We had a big thread on this. I think the consensus without flat out testing was to put some thermal insulation tape just above the Turbo and downpipe on the hood.

This is the step I took late last season, this year I am adding hood vents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 02-28-2005, 05:20 PM   #11
SAABeginner

hood insulation . . .

So, what exactly is removing the hood insulation going to do for me?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:29 PM   #12
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to KemoSaaby
Pheww,! I was helpin out around MPperformace when tyler rolled in and I went for a ride in it..... let me tell you what......... I was bout to steal that shit and throw it on my 9-3 When you roll the windows up it really sounds like there is a 747 jet engine under the hood ... The blow off valve only adds to the sweetness factor Damn i would like a T5.. I would recomend this product 2 anyone that is looking for a bad ass sound and some extray ponies.. Hopefully MP will be coming out with a nice intake soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in