Saab Link Forums banner

Some bracing for the 3d

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  wasaaabi 
#1 ·
After the rear interior "fell out" of the drag car we needed something to keep the cargo back in case of problems.. Don't exactly want to fight with the floor jack or wheels. Should do nice triangulating the rear too since we are tied into the strong parts of the body.. Unlike the other braces out there. ;) Might be time for more bending tests.. :D

1" steel tubing with black texture powdercoat for that sleeper look.

You can also see the boost gauge mounting.. Purely for amusement.. Fun seeing the needle way over to 2.0bar

See less See more
#4 ·
Not really a production part. We may see. Problem is there is a bunch of factory stuff in the way to get to the stiff parts. May see what can be done on my Vig and go from there. Not a fan of cutting stuff up though. :)

I will get some pics from another angle. The top bar goes forward a bit to make more room and was going for something like a Vig logo.

#7 ·
You think about lots of stuff drew.

Anyway, it's actually pretty easy to get that back seats out in these cars.

It took me about 20 minutes to pull it out, and about the same to put it back in. It's only 11-12 nuts to remove. There are pins with snap rings for the seat bottoms. Those are a snap too.

Nick, does that bolt in where the bracket for the bar on the top of the seats goes?

#8 ·
It uses the existing upperholes from the seat latch bracket. 2xm8 each side. The lower bolts are 3/8 drilled through the double tick part of the body. There were no existing holes in the area that were stiff enough.

The problem is the speaker mounts are in the way on a complete car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.