Saab Link Forums banner

JT 3" halp- maybe.

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  IX III 
#1 ·
JT 3" turbo back doesn't seem to want to fit...

the downpipe hangers seem too far forward and dont want to hang onto the subframe too well.. anyone else experience this?

#3 ·
I did not put the one I have on my car personally, but I can see where people ran into "issues"

Let me know if you want pictures.
shot of the subframe/ dp mounts would be sweet...

mine just don't seem to be fitting correctly, idk but the engine isn't even up in the car yet, just sitting on the subframe on a stand.

I'll mess with it some more tomorrow.

the damn pipe looks huge and sexy though!

#4 ·
While we are on the topic of the downpipe. I had one custom made, the only issue i have is that the nuts onto the turbo keep coming loose i assume because of the heat and the shaking. Anyone else experience this? Think i might need to use some locktite, or any other suggestions?
As far as the hangers go, can u not cut them off and re weld them further down or up? I suppose it is a bit of a mission though.

#5 ·
While we are on the topic of the downpipe. I had one custom made, the only issue I have is that the nuts onto the turbo keep coming loose i assume because of the heat and the shaking. Anyone else experience this? Think i might need to use some locktite, or any other suggestions?
As far as the hangers go, can u not cut them off and re weld them further down or up? I suppose it is a bit of a mission though.
JT is made for the 9-3- should just bolt up... I'd rather not have to reweld the hangers as i spent some time/effort on the coating.

I'd try lock washers. I don't know if threadlock will withstand those temps.

palmer... what is this not posting a picture yet...
unacceptable ;)

#8 ·
my jt system doesnt fit all that well tbh but perfors great and is much better value than all the other options available in the uk.
as for the nuts coming loose, use a washer and then 2 nuts on each stud, holds the dp better and 2 nuts wont come loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.