Saab Link Forums banner

T7 BCV mod on SC

6K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  rafal 
#1 ·
Mod is on post #7.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106554&page=1&pp=20

In a nut shell, take the top hose off the BCV and block it. Leave port on BCV as is.

So I did this this morning. I was able to do some 3rd and 4th WOT. Boost was a LOT more consistent, like every time the same. WOT 13psi then a steady climb to about 15psi. Before it would spike and settle down and climb and such.

I will leave it like this for a while and then reconnect the hose and compare again. But I am not surprised that a check valve or two may be bad on a 7 year old car.

Anyone else try this?

#3 ·
this is a good way to test for a faulty one way valve but shouldnt be left like it. as the apc will be bleeding metered air from the system off to atmosphere instead of back into the system after the amm. ok so it will run rich not lean so not as dangerous but not ideal either. plus if that one way valve is fault then pressure will be getting into the purge valve, charcole canister etc and boost pressure will be lost so working the turbo harder. im guessing the one way valves are a silly price from saab hence no one replaces them?

#7 ·
it wont do any damage, but you may see a tiny loss in mpg. if you realy wanted you could blank the pipe at the tb, let the evap off to open air and just connect the apc to the the inlet on its own. the problem with that is you have petrol vapour sitting in the engine bay. the only fix if you really cba to replace the fault one way valve is to fit another port to the turbo intake and connect the pipe from the evap seperatly to the pipe from the apc. saab should have done that all along realy.

#10 ·
I did this as soon as I saw it. I took it for a ride and I was really impressed. Lately, the stock boost gauge goes the same distance into the red but the car definetly doesn't pull as hard. Something must have seen all that boost all of a sudden and shit the bed. :(

#13 ·
Take the BPC apart and clean it, its real easy to take apart and put back together. The top part pops off. Usually I find the spring and the other metal pieces have some grime on them. When I cleaned my dads the car pulled a little harder.

Let me know if that works.

#14 ·
Thanks Legit. I had the thing apart before. No idea how it works, but it does most of the time.. I connected the compressor hose directly to the wastegate and only had base boost, maybe 3/4 yellow. When I blew out the ports with light compressed air, I noticed air leaked from where the electrical connector goes. Weird??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.