Saab Link Forums banner

a gift from the ups man

2K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  saab4life93t 
#1 ·
it took about 3 weeks like nick said my je pistons finally came they look awesome i cant wait to get this motor together!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
thanks... im doing a full refresh on the motor using stock rods with the JEs. as for the head it is staying stock for now but i am going to run a 18t with a custom tune until next summer. then i plan on doing an overhaul on the head (cams, valves, springs, p/p) and running a gt30...

#13 ·
well, here's my theory i guess.

2.3 is going to make more low end torque, spool a big turbo lower. more torque = more wheelspin, busted transmissions

my thought in building a 2.0 is built head, underdriven crank pulley, and i'll have a power band of 4000 to 7600 rpm instead of 3000 to 6000 rpm. at higher rpm, i'll be able to make less torque, but just as much, or even more, horsepower than a 2.3.

2.3 is going to make for a more streetable motor, however.

#20 ·
after extensive reading on the b206 (both sentences on wikipedia) i've determined that i dont see what your hype on the b206 is? sure, it lacks balance shafts. plenty of people are building b234 blocks to 500+ hp in the us, and thats the same block as the b204. and it's as simple as removing the chain to take care of the balance shafts rotating mass.

i dont see whats "awesome" about it?

#22 ·
lol, i'm really sorry we stole your thread, and then beat the shit out of it in a back alley. i hope you're not second guessing your build up lol. i'm building my motor to be what i think will be a more track friendly motor; but we'll see. 2.3 will be more street friendly.

i assume your build is for the 9-3?

#24 ·
dont worry about the thread jack lol and im not second guessing my build i just like things that arent done as often and seeing how your build is for a track im looking for more of a highway toy and fun street car...

#26 ·
good luck on the build. i have just started to reassemble my b234.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.