Pittsburgh are Indy Saab shop? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Exclamation Pittsburgh are Indy Saab shop?

Hey guys, just made a big move from Boston to Pittsburgh this past weekend. I need to get my 'vert into a shop to have my tonneau motor replaced and programmed, so I'm looking for a good Saab indy shop in the Pittsburgh area, someone that has a tech II. Need to get this thing in asap so I can get my core charge back. Suggestions? Thanks!

"If you pull the pan and find anything other than what I described, I'll eat a pile of hammers." ~spgproject
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Elmo
just use google maps and search "saab, pittsburgh"... looks like there is a club in your area you could call and find your best option.

Western Pennsylvania Saab Club
(412) 366-6165

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
ya... there aren't any really good indy's around... there used to be, but not anymore...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #4

Hmmm....not good, I do NOT want to have to take this thing into the stealership for convertible roof work. That's just got rape written all over it....

"If you pull the pan and find anything other than what I described, I'll eat a pile of hammers." ~spgproject
Old 09-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
Elder

ya... unfortunately, there really arent any other options. I think its P&L Saab, and Wright Saab, although #1 Cochran may have saab now too. The head saab guy at Wright (Bernie) used to do some indy stuff on the side, but i'm not sure that he does anymore.

also, welcome to the 'burgh. (says the kid who just moved back to Golden, CO for the school year)

if their still around, the Crooked Euro guys are pretty chill, i know they all post on the pittsburgh section of vortex (ya, they're VW guys, but respect saabs)

Quote:
Old 09-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_saab79
P&W really doesnt handle saabs anymore... Never really delt with Wright aside from parts... at that I wasnt too impressed! There is a little used car dealership on rt 19 Don Bindas it is in Wexford the number is 724-934-5050. He has a tec (not sure of his name) that does work for him... I stopped to see about one of his private SPG's once... Give him a call...
95' 9k CSE

3 99s RIP
11 900s RIP
5 9000 RIP
Old 09-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Well the only place that i know of is Dennis Sweeny saab in ligonier. - They raised there prices a lot, so it's not cheap, but they have treated me ok. It's a short trip from the burgh....

I bought my NG from them and had them replace an engine in my spg. ....and a turbo.... etc.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_saab79 View Post
There is a little used car dealership on rt 19 Don Bindas it is in Wexford the number is 724-934-5050. He has a tec (not sure of his name) that does work for him... I stopped to see about one of his private SPG's once... Give him a call...
i used to work there, Don is an asshole, and has since sold his business to another "high end" used car dealer. His mechanic was Bernie, the guy that i used to go to, but like i said, i'm not sure he's doing to much anymore outside of Wright. He is a Master Tech though, and really knows his shit

Quote:
Old 09-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_saab79
Quote:
Originally Posted by b dash rian View Post
i used to work there, Don is an asshole, and has since sold his business to another "high end" used car dealer. His mechanic was Bernie, the guy that i used to go to, but like i said, i'm not sure he's doing to much anymore outside of Wright. He is a Master Tech though, and really knows his shit
Guess that rules that out... It has been awhile since I have been down that way... TGF the backyard mechanic!!!
95' 9k CSE

3 99s RIP
11 900s RIP
5 9000 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in