4K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  jonny72888 
#1 ·
what do i need to put this on a 9-3?
what thread size for oil and coolant.
does it need bigger lines? ect...

#3 ·
its a garrett
here are pictures of it.

so i know i need a 5 bolt to 3 bolt adapter or someone to put a 5 bolt on the exhaust.
i have -06AN lines on the car now so i just need to know what thread size the turbo has so i can get ends for the lines. and i just need the intake side adapters, but im not sure of a good place to get them.

#5 ·
Do you have the turbo? If so, why would you be asking us what size?

The threads on garret turbos are typically m12/m14 (and maybe m16). Go to a hardware store, buy a bolt of each size to use as a gauge and you'll quickly have your answer.

#8 ·
where did you find this turbo? we have to meet up soon i want to see this beast.

#10 ·
ya sounds like a plan. shouldnt be any harder than putting in our TDO4s, just less room. i want to get a gt28 for my next setup. they are all over ebay.

#13 ·
1. you don't have to rework the intercooler piping, you just have to clock the turbo.
2. you need to move the turbo away from the engine otherwise it hits the block.
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/...=416&osCsid=b15fb40d724bf3231fe7c1a61241f61dv
3. get good lines, it seems you're on top of that.
4. how are you tuning? Do not get a mailbox tune, do it yourself or get a custom tune in person.
5. what injectors are you going to run?
6. you need to do something about the compressor housing. Your saab inlet pipe will not bolt up to the gt28 as is. you can grind it away and put a silicone elbow on, but if you don't do it right it'll suck shut,
or try this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__T25-T28-Aluminum-Inlet-Flange-Adapter-GT28-GT28R-Garret_W0QQitemZ170257348079QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ2811QQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170257348079&_trkparms=72%3A543|39%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245
but i don't know if you'll have the room there with the ac.

7. Be prepared to get a new clutch to hold the torque.
8. New engine mounts all around, engine tranny and rear, do not skip this. see post 7, ask me how i know.

9. enjoy your third gear wheel spin and realize you're in a car never designed for that much power.

#14 ·
1. i want to get some better pipe from the turbo to the IC, i should have reworded it
2.thats the spacer i was looking for but could not find, thanks.
3.i have 500psi SS lines from jegs, i just need what ever size fittings the turbo has.
4. i wanted to get Jak to tune, i have water/meth and i could send it back for retunes for cheap. im not a fan of sqr and thats all thats around me. or i was thinking to get a mail box tune and then change what i need to.
5. i was going to go with the big ones Jak has.
6.I have no a/c so i think it might work. would it really suck shut?
7. i have a spec stage 3, i hope it holds
8.i have polly mounts all around.
9. i think someone said traction was over rated

do you have pictures of your setup?

#18 ·
do you have the spacer from GS?
on the intake i was going to have a 2.75 90* to pipe then a 90* to the intake like you have it, that should be fine right? did you have to do something with yours?

Not really.

If you dont have one already, you posted a pic of a oil restrictor, you need one on the BB...it's worse to over feed the turbo.

Talk to JZW and Co for their take on rebuilding, but typically BB turbos are not "rebuildable".

And yes, the silicone intake can suck shut, to stop this, minimize the amount of unsupported silicone in the elbow.
i do not think i have one unless it is in the turbo already (look at the pictures)
i was going to get it because on that site it says its a must with the gt turbos.

i went and got the turbo today, it does not look like i can reclock the turbo with the wastegate setup it has now. its not a big deal i want to get new pipe from the turbo to the IC anyways. i thin im going to come off the turbo with a 2" to 2.5" adapter and go 2.5 to the inter cooler. the other way would be keep it 2" to the intercooler and the putting the 2-2.5 adapter. it shouldnt matter.

#20 ·
oh yeah, you'll have to get a flange for the outlet of the compressor wheel too.
I don't have the spacer anymore.

I made a bracket for my WG when i did it, but it was bolted inline with the compressor wheel as one of the parts that holds it on.

One thing i wanted out of that turbo was less boost taper, i think the problem was not having the 2.5" delivery pipe installed.

#28 ·
ok so i need one of those then, i just wanted to make sure it wasnt built in the the turbo.

Can you provide the part number off the turbo.
I dont think you will need to space the manifold away from block, a trial fit will answer that question
i dont really want to take it all apart to do a trial fit because i use it almost everyday and it would be a paint to take it all out and put it back before work.
and the part number is...
EK 0219J
14411-69F00
466541-7001

Ouch....

You got bent over on the prices of that stainless elbow.

Always look on Ebay for piping, which you can sometimes find cheaply from places that do dairy or microbrewery fabrication. I bought five or six 90s and 45s for $10 each, about $13-14 with shipping.

Silicone truck radiator hose is a great alternative to expensive couplers. It's three or four ply, with excellent burst strength and heat resistance, and you can buy 3-4 feet of it for $30-40

Every little bit helps....
alittle to late., im sure there will be a next time.

what about studs now, can i ise SS bolts? would there be any issue with the heat?

#27 ·
Ouch....

You got bent over on the prices of that stainless elbow.

Always look on Ebay for piping, which you can sometimes find cheaply from places that do dairy or microbrewery fabrication. I bought five or six 90s and 45s for $10 each, about $13-14 with shipping.

Silicone truck radiator hose is a great alternative to expensive couplers. It's three or four ply, with excellent burst strength and heat resistance, and you can buy 3-4 feet of it for $30-40

Every little bit helps....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.