Saab Link Forums banner

Thread of Interest for T7 self tuners

2K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Raven18940 
#1 ·
Just thought I would pass this on as it is huge news!

The T7Suite Public Beta is now available...... Once again Big thanks to Dilemma and the gang for the hard work on it. :D:D:D:D:D:D

CLICK ME TO FIND OUT MORE!!!!!

#2 ·
Yea, Dilemma really put some great effort into these programs. t7 has many more maps than t5, but if a person wants to put the time in, the tuning can be done. There are a lot more safety maps and maps that will pull back the airmass, but with time, they can be figured out.

I would say tune with an air of caution since t7 does not have that tuning cusion that t5 has and that means you can damage a t7 motor much easier than a t5 motor.

I got a real warning from a pro tuner about the number of blown motors they had and how its important to be very carefull and bring things up slowly and make sure you are monitoring air fuel and egt and be on the look out for knock. It can take only one time for bad knock to take out a t7 piston, where you might get away with it with 5.

So, its great that t7 is out there, but I would warn people to be carefull and not just start turning things up until they fully understand how all the airmass and ignition and fuel and torque maps all inter-relate. Remember the knock fuel and knock timing maps too!

Here in Denver, even the stock t7 motors break all the time because of the higher elevation, bad gas and a questionable sw that cannot pull out enough timing for hard pulls at 10,000' going up the mountain pass.

Its great to be able to look at all this stuff and trade tunes and learn how its all done, I love this stuff, its right up my alley:cool:

Good luck to all the t7 tuners out there and now we need to get onto t8:smile:

John

#14 ·
I may have stumbled across a wiki page that may help the guys out for T8. I just have to find it again, and post it up there.

#22 ·
Motronic ME9 to be more exact. Its function and operation principal is not much different from T8.
Traditionally motronic has been a little behind Trionics but this one is not far behind. It was released 4 years after T8 though so there is some catch up time. Not sure when ME9 was released on other makes though.

#26 ·
I've done a few T7 burns now, but have not had time to play with T7 suite since that very first version was released.

Maybe after Lemons I should be able to help out Champ give his Viggen a tick of safe power ;-)

#32 ·
Anyone in NC that wants to help me with this? lol I have read and read and just can't figure it out... oh well.
What you need is 1 or 2 files to look at then start looking at the paramaters in them.... as mentioned start in the Torque section and see where it calls the MAX values for a 5speed and for an Automatic.... notice that the maps range from (usually) 245-390. This is the NM measurment for torque and is one of the things adjusted when tuning a file.

Thats a good place to start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.