Saab Link Forums banner

Lowest springs?

4K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  snow4_1man 
#1 ·
Alright, well I currently have the Eibach's on my 9-3. For me, they don't drop the car low enough at all.

I'd like to elimnate most of the wheel gap. What springs provide the most drop? This isn't a daily driver and it's not driven in the winter so I am not worried about it being slammed.

See less See more
#6 ·
Actually, that's what we did with JK's car.

Cut the bottom coil off of it. It really isn't a performance or safety issue...unless you start chopping off more than that and don't have the struts to match the drop.

you could easily take another 1/2 inch off without an issue.

#12 ·
Nick's coilovers.

From what I understand that Intrax springs don't have enough active coils, so you are basically always on the bumpstop/have spring binding.

If you cut or torch the springs (which is iffy) do as JK and Topher said...cut the bottom coil which isn't active. 55-60mm (from stock) is pretty much max you can do though with Koni Yellows.

#17 ·
I've got springs from swedish dynamics that are insanely low. I'm actually looking to replace them with the eibach's because they're too low. If you look, it's alot like the slammed bimmers you speak of:

If you end up gettin rid of the eibach's please let me know. I wouldn't sell you mine or make a square trade b/c they're in rough shape...the paint is all peeling off of them. But if your Eibachs are in decent shape, i'm interested.

#18 ·
Low is great, but if it's a daily driver you probably need some ride height for every-day functionality, especially over rough roads. With my SPG that has Skandix springs (they sit very low) the car handles great on smooth flat roads, but over sharp yumpy terrain, or through rough interchanges, it is jumpy and somewhat unpredictable over bumps, especially in sharp turns. I actually find that in most situations I prefer the stock suspension over a lowered car with stiffer springs because it takes it to an excess. The car does not need to be that stiff or that low, it's just uncomfortable and slower through most of the roads I drive on.

and forget about snow use with a super low car, unless you have studded snows... on that thought, you might be able to plow peoples driveways with your airdam, so it might actually be a bonus money maker! :lol:

#20 ·
Stay away from B&G they always sag in all the reviews i read. My dads 9k had intrax and it def sat pretty low, overall the quality was not that bad.

This is was my car (crashed) with koni shocks and springs. I don't think i would go any lower it was just the perfect height. If your just going for looks i would suggest going with intrax, or cutting your current springs.

#29 ·
with a car only worth a few more k then the wheels i would not also. But i can see myself paying 2k + for some BBS LM going on a 50k car or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.