Saab Link Forums banner

ebay bypass valve

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Saabeh 
#1 ·
ordered this earlier tonight.

looks identical to the stock bosch one, just made of aluminum. not sure what i will get as far as a spring, but i just wanted something that would hold up better than the stock plastic one... this should do it. good price too.

couple others available for those who want them ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ame=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=&item=230287258085

i'll let you know when it arrives and whether its a quality product or not.

See less See more
#8 ·
please report back when installed
will do

The sigle piston forge design is good and simple. I can see a knockoff working anywhere from great to OK with a similar deisgn. I'd assume its servicable? If so then it should be pretty decent for $50.
my thought's exactly... bypass valves aren't the most complex of parts and i think it would be sorta hard to screw one up. then again, it is ebay :rolleyes:

#7 ·
Neat!

The sigle piston forge design is good and simple. I can see a knockoff working anywhere from great to OK with a similar deisgn. I'd assume its servicable? If so then it should be pretty decent for $50.

I personally like trolling boards to find people selling real forge units in the $70-100 range...but if I don't have time for that, this might be a good alternative!

#11 ·
That valve works amazing as I used to have one. It came with 3 springs and 2 washers. I never had any problems and it held boost and was very responsive. The fact that its not a legit forge valve didn't seem to affect it at all.

#12 ·
ogh man, i took a chance in twice on ebay with bov's figuring i could make them work... they didnt. I got a forge atmos knock-off. Barely ever opened. I put in forge's lightest spring and it opens *better*. It is still not constant.

The other one is a hks ssqv knock-off. I know that it doesnt seal on the vacuum hose side. As in it doenst hold vacuum and therefore will not open. I've already cracked it open twice and i cant get it to seal any better.

It sounds like you found one of the few that will function, congrats, but do be careful.

#13 ·
hey guys,
got the valve installed tonight and did a few runs. sounds awesome, but don't think i have the right spring in. i'm running about 2-3 psi lower than i was before. it might just need to be worn in a bit, but i'll play around with the different springs tomorrow and let you know.

question...
[my gauge tells me] i was running about 17 psi on my viggen with 3" DP and ETS intercooler (no tune). out of the three springs; soft, medium, hard (all relative of course) what would be my best bet? i know the only way to know for sure is to try them all, but i'm worried its just a crap valve.

thanks

#17 ·
well now i think i might have some boost leak. i noticed boost was down about 5 psi at peak. idle is still the same, but it just doesn't have as much umpf as before. i put the stock bosch valve back in, and its not as bad, but i'm still not back to where i was. i'm going to zip tie all the fittings and barbs this weekend and see if i slow it down.

if you are considering buying one of these i wouldn't recommend it until i figure out where my issues are coming from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.