Saab Link Forums banner

ETS Installed... Sorta

2K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  Elmo 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Fully Installed Now!

Started installing my ETS intercooler from GS tonight. Took me way too long to get the bumper off, cuz i'm retarded. But made it past that hurdle, to find the hose clamps on the existing intercooler were rusted to shit... had to cut those with some snips. got the intercooler lined up and test fitted. had to raise the oil cooler (i think) but no big deal there... slides right in, very good fit. which is amazing, considering the sheer size of this thing.

cept now i have to wait till morning to finish, because i have no hose clamps :rolleyes:

pics so far (excuse the bad quality)... i will update tomorrow after completion / test drive :D

before...

after...

thanks to everyone at genuinesaab for being so helpful in this process... looks like everything is going to work out ok ;)

EDIT: Below are the new pictures with the ETS completely in. Wow, this thing is sweet. pulls so much harder now, and looks incredible. Well worth the time and money :D

before (with bumper)

after (with bumper)

See less See more
#18 · (Edited)
That ETS looks identical to my MP Performance....same supplier?

I can relate to the hose clamp problem...one of mine stripped during the install.

Now get the software....you won't believe how it will transform the car. I found that the IC and 3 DP V2 robbed some of my acceleration on the highway. Nordic Stage 3+ fixed that BIG time!!!

#31 ·
It actually looks like it hangs lower then it does because the driveway slopes downhill slightly, plus I don't think the 1" or so of license plate that hangs down is a huge deal. I certainly didn't have any heat soak problems last week when it was pretty warm here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.