Saab Link Forums banner

Exhaust Burble – How to remove??

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  perkj 
#1 · (Edited)
So i need a catback for my Viggen, right now its running the stock catback with the resonator cut out. There is too much burble and i really don't like the sound of it anymore anyway.

I have been searching the forums for a good exhaust that gives no burble on deceleration? Is this impossible to fix though?

Here is Steve's car with a GS 3" dp and abbot catback.

You can hear the burble in the idle. I want smooth sounding exhaust that just flows up and down with no burble.

This is nicks car with topmount and I believe Reums catback.

My plans for the mani/ turbo are the so this is pretty close. I like the sound of Nicks exhaust I cant hear to much burble. The catback that he has is no longer sold so that option is out the window.

The other option is the JT exhust but i really don't like the tips and JT overall. Then BSR 2.5 for the Viggen - I think Jamson has this but i have yet to hear it. He had mentioned that it was too quite, I don't think i would mind this, any clips? The car gets plenty of looks because of the color and i really don't want a crazy sounding exhaust, when I'm at idle WOT its different.

So any ideas, if you have some clips post them. Also is it even possible to have the burble gone?

If i cant find something that i like, my options are Custom DP with supersprint muffler or Borla XR-1 muffler.

Borla XR-1 on 04 STI
07 Porsche Cayman S with Borla XR-1 Exhaust

R32 SuperSprint
Porsche Cayman Supersprint

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
The resonator was cut out due rust from a hole. The catback is going to be junk anyway so thats not a option. Plus i want something different.

It was too quiet until I took out the center muffler.

Here are some vids with sound.
I like the sound of it, are these with the center muffler taken out? Do you have a lot of burble on deceleration?

#3 · (Edited)
So i need a catback for my Viggen, right now its running the stock catback with the resonator cut out. There is too much burble and i really don't like the sound of it anymore anyway.

I have been searching the forums for a good exhaust that gives no burble on deceleration? Is this impossible to fix though?

Here is Steve's car with a GS 3" dp and abbot catback.

You can hear the burble in the idle. I want smooth sounding exhaust that just flows up and down with no burble.

This is nicks car with topmount and I believe Reums catback.

My plans for the mani/ turbo are the so this is pretty close. I like the sound of Nicks exhaust I cant hear to much burble. The catback that he has is no longer sold so that option is out the window.

The other option is the JT exhust but i really don't like the tips and JT overall. Then BSR 2.5 for the Viggen - I think Jamson has this but i have yet to hear it. He had have mentioned that it was too quite, I don't think i would mind this, any clips? The car gets plenty of looks because of the color and i really don't want a crazy sounding exhaust, when I'm at idle WOT its different.

So any ideas, if you have some clips post them. Also is it even possible to have the burble gone?
It was too quiet until I took out the center muffler.

Here are some vids with sound.

#4 ·
BSR is pretty tame sounding, just a little more edge on idle and acceleration. I have one on my 9-5 Aero.

Burble is the downside of really uncorking the exhaust, unless you happen to like the sound of it, which I do. Saabs sound better than the raspy burble of some other 4-cylinders out there.

#10 ·
The burble on overrunn is in the fuel cut on decel in ecu.

That video of m Vig is with open downpipe ;)
Ahh gotcha, the vig does sound good. Let me know if you have a Reums Exhaust hiding some ware for a vig.

Ideally i would like my car to sound like this. Nice and smooth but throaty. I understand this is a Turbo 6 I guess its not possible unless the manifold is changed to remove the burble? I would assume all cars have fuel cut when your not on the gas how come this happens with ours?

BMW 335i Autobahn Exotics exhaust

Yes, this is with the center removed. It was as quiet as stock with it in place. I find it does not burble too much, its very DD friendly and not over the top at all.
It def sounds great, not that loud at all. Although i don't mind it being somewhat loud as long as the tone is nice to the ear like the 335i.

#12 ·
I suggest trying to find a Remus.....you can still get a new muffler from Remus at the cost of about $500 and then you get get a Saap Sport exaust for $300, keep the piping for the Remus muffler and sell the Saab Sport muffler.

I was lucky enough to pick up a used Remus/Viggen complete exaust for only $300 about 3 years ago from someone here on Saablink. I can tell you, there is no sweeter sound than a Remus out there.

#19 ·
Your Remus/Viggen exhaust came with a center pipe muffler? I thought they only were offered from Saab with the deleted center muffler like mine:

How does the remus flow compared to saabsport / bsr?
I've always heard the only thing that flows better than a Remus muffler is no muffler at all. ;)

#22 ·
Snowman. . . .I'll take the cat-back with the resonator cutout. I was actually going to have Lou's do it this month. I want some burble I think. So, If the price is right. . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.