Nordic Stg4 ECU install "dumb question" - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Nordic Stg4 ECU install "dumb question"

I just installed my Nordic Stage 4 ECU today... What psi does it spike to? because I'm pretty sure its not 10 or 9...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
Elder

should be 20ish.

You need to check basic stuff first. Make sure your bpc is hooked up correctly, and functioning. Check for vacuum leaks, etc. Make sure base boost is set correctly (7-10psi is what it should be at. install helper springs to increase base boost as opposed to tightening the rod).

That should give you a few things to check.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:40 PM   #3

when i come to a complete stop after doing 2000-4600rpm runs. let the car sit for a moment at idle... i can hear a weird sound like whales... or a distant fog horn coming from my gas cap... when i release the gas cap its forcing massive amounts air pressure. mind you my gas gauge is fluttering up and down 0 to max fuel to half to where it should be... fuel pump issue?

whats the nordic stage 4 boost max psi?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 08-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
should be 20ish.

You need to check basic stuff first. Make sure your bpc is hooked up correctly, and functioning. Check for vacuum leaks, etc. Make sure base boost is set correctly (7-10psi is what it should be at. install helper springs to increase base boost as opposed to tightening the rod).

That should give you a few things to check.
BPC has not been touched since i bought it... i did check though... w - wastegate c-compressor blah blah blaaah...
Old 08-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Elder

unplug the bpc's electrical connection, and plug the line going from the compressor directly into the wastegate, to check base boost.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTalladegaKid View Post
when i come to a complete stop after doing 2000-4600rpm runs. let the car sit for a moment at idle... i can hear a weird sound like whales... or a distant fog horn coming from my gas cap... when i release the gas cap its forcing massive amounts air pressure. mind you my gas gauge is fluttering up and down 0 to max fuel to half to where it should be... fuel pump issue?

Are you sure you didn't put an obd1 box in an obd2 car or vice versa? That would cause a vacuum to be pulled on the tank since the evap controlsare totally different

Ps this is very dangerous if you have

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #7

Quote:

Sounds to me like maybe you don't have the 3.5 bar FPR on correctly

x-VWer:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
unplug the bpc's electrical connection, and plug the line going from the compressor directly into the wastegate, to check base boost.
I'll have to give that a try... I have a saab mechanic fixing up some stuff for me... he said he'd take a look at the ECU and scan it to see whats up... that should tell him if its an OBD1 or 2 ECU right? Hopefully this all gets sorted out... I cant wait for it to be running properly.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
Elder

can i assume that you have a talladega ng900?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #10

I do... 1997 talladega...
Old 08-22-2008, 06:42 AM   #11
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
If this is one we sold email me your name and Vin I can help..

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 08-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #12

would having a non spark plug fouler in my 3inch JT w/out cat exhaust system cause this issue? i put one in to avoid popping a CEL
Old 08-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
I would not run it.. You are going to crack the fuel pump and or tank. You have the wrong ECU in there.

I assume since you did not contact me that this is from outside source.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 08-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
I would not run it.. You are going to crack the fuel pump and or tank. You have the wrong ECU in there.

I assume since you did not contact me that this is from outside source.
yeah most likely its OBD1... its a legit nordic ecu but bought used from a friend. im just going to give it back to him.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #15

stage 4 issues

So again... nothing past 10psi...

I've unplugged and replugged the BPC. Ran it.

Unhooked the terminal and reset. Boosted 3000-4600 (out of a pissy rage held every gear)

The only thing I've yet to try... Checking the base boost running a hose from the WG to the compressor.

weird happenings- fuel cap still makes a humming noise and when I slowly release it theres tons of suction from inside the tank. Some horsepower gains while boosting 10psi more so than with a stock ecu/mbc set for 10.

im stumped... I'd really like to see this thing hit 20psi

hardware installed- stage 4 custom tune, tdo4hl-15t 5cm, 3" JT turboback, GS intake, GS inlet pipe, stock fmic (new fmic sitting in my lap)
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #16
Elder

is this the tune you bought from someone?

sounds like an evap issue due to the vacuum on the tank...

Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
is this the tune you bought from someone?

sounds like an evap issue due to the vacuum on the tank...
x2

Is it an obd1 ecu in an obd2 car?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
Elder

i asked that last time he posted about issues and never got an answer....

Old 09-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #19
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to Superwill00
Quote:

I have had the same issue with the fuel gauge fluttering over the past two or three days. The viggen is pretty much stock other then the GS intake. I don't know what the deal is...
Old 09-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
x2

Is it an obd1 ecu in an obd2 car?
i dont think so... it should be an obd2 in and obd2 car atleast thats what the kid said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in