Saab Link Forums banner

cooling issues

527 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  crazybrightman 
#1 ·
hi ive currently got a b234 bottom end/block and a b235 head. now when putting it together i noticed the b234 block only had 3 cooling holes at the timing chain end but the b235 head had 4. well as it seemed teh b235 metal gasket seemed to thin for head to piston clearance i used the thicker b234 gasket and all seemed well. but ive noticed after a hard run the coolant starts to boil in the top hose and it pressurises up quite hard, id guess at the headgasket leaking and compressed gases pressuring the coolant but its not used any coolant in the first 5000miles since the rebuild and seems fine under normal driving.
also the temp gauge always used to sit at 9 o'clock but ever since the rebuild has sat slightly further round the gauge neare 10 o'clock but never goes any higher so doesnt apear to be running too hot at any point.
ive swapped the pressure cap for a know good one so i know the coolant system isnt under pressure and hence boiling.
this leaves me to believe its either the head to block issue, some sort of leakage under high boost (21psi) past the head gasket, or maybe i should try an 82 degree stat instead of the standard 89 stat thats fitted?
any experiances on this would be great as it runs fine, with only this issue baffling me a bit.
cheers, neil.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.