Saab Link Forums banner

So it begins, my first t7 viggen tune

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  JZW 
#1 ·
Here is a few pulls on a stg 2ish viggen with stg 3 hw, good ic, intake and exhaust. T7 whooped me a little bit and I started at 5pm and finished at 5am. Converting binary files to S19 and then back kicked my a**!

I do like the viggen though, nice seats:cool:

here we go:

http://www.vidiac.com/video/0905e098-0a09-446a-9649-9af700f457e9.htm

John

#3 ·
Yea, the computer stuff is what took the time, not the actual tuning. Once I get rested, I will gather some more data and see if I can fine tune things a little more.

I use P&E usb multilink bdm, it only recognizes S19 files, so it dumps and flashes S19 only and the sw has to be Binary. So as you know you have to dump the file in S19, convert it to Binary, then make the changes, convert it back to S19, flash it back to the ecu and then go drive the car... Rinse, wash repeat:cool:

John

#12 ·
Thanks Nick, yes I realize the apc gage is a electrical map and can be made to read whatever you want. I also noticed today when it was hot, the real boost gage would still come up to 1.5 bar, but the apc gage would only go to the yellow/red boarder, where as last night in the colder denser air, it was going a good 1/4 way in, that showed the difference in air density I think.

I asked the customer if he wanted the apc gage to read more into the red and he said he did not really care and not to spend any time on it...

I am anxious to dyno a few cars I have, but the local dyno is broken and they are waiting on a speed sensor or something. Kind of sux, I want to test my e85 ng900 and aero.

John

#13 ·
Great work John, The video seems to show a real smooth response, especially for your first time. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Gary, yea I have the conversion programs working now, so the time to convert binary to S19 and back is minimal now, maybe 2 minutes. It was the figuring out how to get the program to work on my computer with xp, had some compatibility issues. Now that its up and working, that part has been taken care of.

Now I can spend my energy on the tuning. The a/f on this car was really nice, right between 11.8/1 to 12.2/1 and it felt pretty nice.

Did not hold as much airmass today at 92F and hot, but the guy wants a safe tune that is not too aggressive and I think I will leave the airmass request alone. Winter will be here soon and I am sure it will be holding nice airmass and making good power. Still on stock pistons this one...

John

#17 ·
I can't wait for it to come out. I wish I was one of the lucky few getting to play with the beta version before its full release. Even though I'm not doing any of the tuning and what not I still love going through the maps and understanding how everything is used together.

#18 ·
I had planned on doing a bit more, but the lack of being able to get a wideband working put a halt on things. I'll have my Innovate LC1 sometime today, so hopefully that will afford me the opportunity to do a bit more paying around with this type of thing.

I really did not feel comfortable doing it without any sort of data logging or Air/Fuel monitoring ability.

#19 ·
I tell you, its not as easy as t5 and I would say its like t5 is arimitic and t7 is trig, then t8 must be calculous.... My spelling sucks...

Anyway, there are so many maps, its crazy and as soon as you think you have it and the air request is up, trionic has another map to bring it back down into spec. Many torque maps, boost maps, boost diagnostic maps, a ton of altitude maps, the list just goes on and on and on, its nuts.

John

#21 ·
That is a good point, to make the same pressure as sea-level, I need to see about 3psi more on the boost gage, so the 22psi spikes you were seeing were really only the same pressure as 19psi at sea-level.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.