Koni springs - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Koni springs

Hi guys, if i put Koni sport springs on my Vig, will the tyres not catch the wheel arch when turning? I have 225/45/17 tires on. Also, how do you guys drive around cause i already need to be carefull when going in and out of driveways cause the front bumper is so low?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
SAAB Road Master

Very slowly....
As for the 225's not sure, I have 215's to avoid this issue!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:40 AM   #3
Elder

There's a ton of this topic already.

yes, you'll be fine.

I scrape less with the koni kit than i did before, because it tilts the front slightly upwards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:25 AM   #4
Admin
Elder

Send a message via AIM to snow4_1man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ View Post
There's a ton of this topic already.

yes, you'll be fine.

I scrape less with the koni kit than i did before, because it tilts the front slightly upwards.
x2 on this, sounds strange that you would scrape less but its def true. I had the Koni Springs / shocks. I would not advise just doing the springs it would be rather bouncy.
99 LTB Vig - Awesome Rally Crash! - RIP
99 LTB Vig - Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:43 AM   #5
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
225 is not the problem but rather the offset of the wheels. 225 on an 8" with 42mm offset is perfect for my Viggen. I go much lower than the koni kit sometimes.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 AM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Elmo
how adjustable is the koni kit?

i live in michigan and i feel like my viggen will already be quite the snowplow on the stock springs/struts come this winter. any lower could mean serious problems.

also... is it difficult to jack up a viggen with the koni kit installed?

Old 08-12-2008, 07:19 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
how adjustable is the koni kit?

i live in michigan and i feel like my viggen will already be quite the snowplow on the stock springs/struts come this winter. any lower could mean serious problems.

also... is it difficult to jack up a viggen with the koni kit installed?
I had my lowered on 18's-Viggen in Michigan for months last year.

Its very adjustable in terms of comfort.

Stop being such a Nancy.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #8

yes, but were they months in winter?

on the west side of the state we get like a foot of snow a day and these assholes dont get around to plowing until later... so when i go to work in the morning its like a damn dogsled race

i just dont feel destorying the fiberglass bumper. maybe ill just mount a plow up to the front for winter

Old 08-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
yes, but were they months in winter?

on the west side of the state we get like a foot of snow a day and these assholes dont get around to plowing until later... so when i go to work in the morning its like a damn dogsled race

i just dont feel destorying the fiberglass bumper. maybe ill just mount a plow up to the front for winter
The Koni kit will not change the front bumper issues much at ALL. Your car will not be better or worse off in the snow, it will be nearly imperceptable.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #10

great, so either way im screwed

well... if im going to destroy my bumper i might as well look good doing it :drop:

Old 08-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

I just fitted the koni springs to a friends car and the rear springs the bottom two coils are binded together. Is this normal, can anyone take a peek at theirs to see if its the same?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #12
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
That is right. All of the lowering springs work that way.. it is so they settle down to the correct height, ride nice at that level and don't fall out when you lift up the car.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 08-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #13
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
That is right. All of the lowering springs work that way.. it is so they settle down to the correct height, ride nice at that level and don't fall out when you lift up the car.
Sweet, thanks Nick. I thought it was right but better be safe than sorry.
It was my first use of koni's, I had always used eibach's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in