T5 suite questions. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
SAABeginner

T5 suite questions.

Hello all, I'm new to saablink but not new to Saabs. I've owned my '99 9-3 SE HOT 5-speed for 3 years. I've been doing a bit of reading about the T5 suite and it sounds pretty awesome. Has anybody done a flex fuel (e85/93) tune? I was planning on buying a spare ecu, does it matter what kind as long as its a T5.5? Can I use a 9k ecu? Does it matter what trans it has? I have an mbc+a installed right now, I would have to go back to the bpc right?

I am capable of building my own, but I would much rather buy a BDM interface, where can I find it to buy? Does it have to use a parallel port?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
Hi and welcome.

Some answers:

I think some people have been working on E85 tunes, ECUProject.com is probably the place for cutting edge info on that.

As long as it's Trionic 5.5 (basically anything after 94 in NGs or 9000's) it should work just find. Some of the older chips may be a little more cranky for flashing the new tunes to.

You can use a 9K ecu.

Trans doesn't matter, T5Suite can toggle the MT/AT options.

Yes, you'll need to run a BPC again, better yet, upgrade to the T7 BPC while you're at it, it's more reliable and effective. (Cheaper too!)

If you want to buy a BDM you have a few options. You can try to buy a German/European (deltawave) one on ebay, they are parallel port only and about $20. Or you can buy the PE Micro BDM in the US, it can be USB or parallel. They are about $200 or so IIRC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
First, welcome!!!

Second,

If you haven't already check out the T5 PDF, it is very informative for the above normal info seeker.

http://members.home.nl/t5suite/Trionic%205.pdf

Old 08-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks900SE View Post
First, welcome!!!

Second,

If you haven't already check out the T5 PDF, it is very informative for the above normal info seeker.

http://members.home.nl/t5suite/Trionic%205.pdf
Yup, I've been reading that. I'm waiting on confirmation to join ecuproject. I have found a bdm interface, is this the right one? http://cgi.ebay.com/BDM-Interface-f-...QQcmdZViewItem

Now it looks like I just need to source an old computer, T7 bpc, spare ecu, and a power supply.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
JZW
Elder

Welcome to the forums, I am doing some tuning with t5 suite and I have re-tuned my ng900 with a gt3076 and enem cams and about 40% e85 and the rest 93 pump gas and got it working well. The car is making more torque and really holds the boost nice and pretty much halls the mail. It feels like its making another 20% power, but I have not put it on the dyno yet to test it.

What I found with 35% e85/93pump without making any sw changes is that I was lean, very lean down low and my car would go to 17.5/1 when starting out in first gear off the line. I had to richen up the maps down low in the rpm, change the injector konst and richen the enrichment maps.

I am getting about all the fuel I can with my power level out of my siemans 60# injectors and I will need to go to larger fuel injectors if I want to go to full e85. What I am liking about the mix is it runs well, idles well, makes more power and if I cannot find a e85 station, it will still run on straight pump gas, its just a little on the rich side.

Good luck,

John
Old 08-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

^ ^ ^
That's awesome

sounds like a good setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamonkey View Post
I have found a bdm interface, is this the right one? http://cgi.ebay.com/BDM-Interface-f-...QQcmdZViewItem
That's the right item.

I just bought mine not that long ago.

I have everything connected and up and running but can't quite get it working

when you're in the STL area maybe we can figure it out together

I was using the t7 instructions for bd32. I backed up 2 ecu's but then got errors trying to reflash them. I can't find the t5 instructions for bd32 and I can't figure out the bd32 delay value/speed (for my ~500mhz win98 pc). I get the same results at 0 or any other speed.

I find it hard to believe that I have 2 ecu's that can't be flashed - I think I just am doing something wrong with the whole process.

here are my questions on ecuproject http://forum.ecuproject.com/viewtopi...1e988aeaa96205
Old 08-11-2008, 01:57 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamonkey View Post
Hello all, I'm new to saablink but not new to Saabs. I've owned my '99 9-3 SE HOT 5-speed for 3 years. I've been doing a bit of reading about the T5 suite and it sounds pretty awesome. Has anybody done a flex fuel (e85/93) tune? I was planning on buying a spare ecu, does it matter what kind as long as its a T5.5? Can I use a 9k ecu? Does it matter what trans it has? I have an mbc+a installed right now, I would have to go back to the bpc right?

I am capable of building my own, but I would much rather buy a BDM interface, where can I find it to buy? Does it have to use a parallel port?
Unfortunately T5 wont adjust for E85 then gasoline so it cant be flex fuel fuel so tp speak. You can run it on both but mixtures will be off.
Will it work? For some maybe JZW?
Others may burn holes in pistons, time will tell.

T5suite is fantastic but gives people the power to destroy their engines way too easy, without any education or knowledge on what really happens inside a engine, or without knowing what afr or egt is.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #8
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastaero View Post
Unfortunately T5 wont adjust for E85 then gasoline so it cant be flex fuel fuel so tp speak. You can run it on both but mixtures will be off.

T5suite is fantastic but gives people the power to destroy their engines way too easy, without any education or knowledge on what really happens inside a engine, or without knowing what afr or egt is.
I was hoping to be able to tune to a full flex fuel, as e85 is crazy cheap here in the midwest, but as you said the T5 does have its limitations.

I graduate this December (one semester left!!!) with a degree in mechanical engineering, so while I don't have too much practical knowledge in fuel trims, a/f ratios and the like I do have a pretty good analytical knowledge at least.

[email protected]@, you have a pm.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:01 AM   #9
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastaero View Post

Yea, I am not running pure e85, only a 35-40% mix and have not gone craxy on the mbt or timing. It runs 12.5/1 on the mix and 11.5/1 on gasoline.

John
Old 08-11-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post
Yea, I am not running pure e85, only a 35-40% mix and have not gone craxy on the mbt or timing. It runs 12.5/1 on the mix and 11.5/1 on gasoline.

John
What mods have you done to the fuel system? Are you still running the stock fuel pump?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in