Saab Link Forums banner

T5 suite questions.

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  stamonkey 
#1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to saablink but not new to Saabs. I've owned my '99 9-3 SE HOT 5-speed for 3 years. I've been doing a bit of reading about the T5 suite and it sounds pretty awesome. Has anybody done a flex fuel (e85/93) tune? I was planning on buying a spare ecu, does it matter what kind as long as its a T5.5? Can I use a 9k ecu? Does it matter what trans it has? I have an mbc+a installed right now, I would have to go back to the bpc right?

I am capable of building my own, but I would much rather buy a BDM interface, where can I find it to buy? Does it have to use a parallel port?

#2 ·
Hi and welcome.

Some answers:

I think some people have been working on E85 tunes, ECUProject.com is probably the place for cutting edge info on that.

As long as it's Trionic 5.5 (basically anything after 94 in NGs or 9000's) it should work just find. Some of the older chips may be a little more cranky for flashing the new tunes to.

You can use a 9K ecu.

Trans doesn't matter, T5Suite can toggle the MT/AT options.

Yes, you'll need to run a BPC again, better yet, upgrade to the T7 BPC while you're at it, it's more reliable and effective. (Cheaper too!)

If you want to buy a BDM you have a few options. You can try to buy a German/European (deltawave) one on ebay, they are parallel port only and about $20. Or you can buy the PE Micro BDM in the US, it can be USB or parallel. They are about $200 or so IIRC.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Welcome to the forums, I am doing some tuning with t5 suite and I have re-tuned my ng900 with a gt3076 and enem cams and about 40% e85 and the rest 93 pump gas and got it working well. The car is making more torque and really holds the boost nice and pretty much halls the mail. It feels like its making another 20% power, but I have not put it on the dyno yet to test it.

What I found with 35% e85/93pump without making any sw changes is that I was lean, very lean down low and my car would go to 17.5/1 when starting out in first gear off the line. I had to richen up the maps down low in the rpm, change the injector konst and richen the enrichment maps.

I am getting about all the fuel I can with my power level out of my siemans 60# injectors and I will need to go to larger fuel injectors if I want to go to full e85. What I am liking about the mix is it runs well, idles well, makes more power and if I cannot find a e85 station, it will still run on straight pump gas, its just a little on the rich side.

Good luck,

John

#7 ·
Unfortunately T5 wont adjust for E85 then gasoline so it cant be flex fuel fuel so tp speak. You can run it on both but mixtures will be off.
Will it work? For some maybe JZW?
Others may burn holes in pistons, time will tell.

T5suite is fantastic but gives people the power to destroy their engines way too easy, without any education or knowledge on what really happens inside a engine, or without knowing what afr or egt is.

#8 ·
I was hoping to be able to tune to a full flex fuel, as e85 is crazy cheap here in the midwest, but as you said the T5 does have its limitations.

I graduate this December (one semester left!!!) with a degree in mechanical engineering, so while I don't have too much practical knowledge in fuel trims, a/f ratios and the like I do have a pretty good analytical knowledge at least.

t@llpum@, you have a pm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.