Saab Link Forums banner

Farb

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  8valvegrowl 
#1 ·
who has the one from parts for saabs?

it says it is 2mm bigger than the viggen one which is 22mm? and a 9-3 or 900 is 19mm right? so if i get the uprated farb i would want the 24mm polly mounts to go with it?

#4 ·
I personally wouldn't go with the larger front-arb....its far better on a FWD car to allow the front suspension to extend as needed...the way to tighten up the front of a FWD car is thru spring rates, not arbs. Take for instance, my old '90 GTI (daily driver)....ran 450 lb spring rates in the front with no arb and then 350 lbs in the rear with a 28mm rear arb.....the car road on rails and pulled 1.08 Gs on the skip pad on street tires.

You best bet is to opt for the coil-over kit GS sells and dial in some nice spring rates for your driving style....this is the option I'll be going.

#5 ·
PerkJ that is exactly why I had to explore stiffer springs. :) You can only bandaid so far with ARB. But everybody wants cheap.

Also you have to compare the wheel rate when comparing things like spring and ARB rates/sizes. On most cars a xx front bar does not equal the stiffness of the same size rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.