Anyone have the GS steering bushings yet? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
Elder

Anyone have the GS steering bushings yet?

my vig has a slight clunk and jerk when you start turning the wheel when not moving or moving slowly, so i figured i might pick these up...but im curious

1. its the bushings that sit next to each othe ron the rack correct?

2. is it easier to remove the steering rods to install them?

3. what input does anyone have thats running them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

received mine last week and I plan to put them on this weekend.

x-VWer:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
I can answer the first two questions you have.

1. The bushings are for the inner tie rod, (where the bolt goes through into the rack).

2. Removal of the steering rods is pretty easy. 15mm socket and a 3/8th ratchet. You will probably have to makeshift an extension to get enough torque to remove the bolt, I used a 3/4" socket one the end of my 1/2" breaker bar which slipped over the end of my 3/8th ratchet handle like a glove. As for getting the bushings out check with Nick, he had a quick write up and explination on how to get them out.

I do suggest you only remove one tie rod at a time and to not remove the other till the first one is back in. That way you'll hopefully avoid my current issue.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #4
Elder

what issue are you having?

Old 08-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
what issue are you having?
https://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31599

Right now its still not fixed and I'm driving a buick from work. Waiting on a new bolt just incase which comes in tomorrow along with 4 new tires. I was replacing them since the adjusters were frozen solid which left me with a wacky front alingment which killed the front tires, specifically the front right.

I haven't had much time in the past days to really get back into it and I'm gonna need a friend to help turn the wheel based on a suggestion here and at SC to see if that helps. Its frustrating right now.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
Elder

yeah so you basically I just have to make sure the wheel doiesnt move...I'm curious if bad bushings are contributing to the vibration I have although they look fine...but the blue is nicer LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in