Saab Link Forums banner

Intake solution to TD04 on a NG?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  a12 
#1 · (Edited)
So when I totaled the '96 I dumped some performance parts off it...included was the T5/T7 turbo inlet pipe from Genuine. Now I don't really want to buy another one of those (beautiful piece and worked well). I wanted to go more custom this time around.

So now that the '96 motor is in my '98, I need an intake solution. It has the viggen turbo still on it and the A/C compressor is removed so there is decently more room.

Anyone know what size of Silicone elbow I can fit now? I also forgot to measure the OD of the turbo inlet.

Thanks

edit: anyone know the specific DP bung I need for our o2's?

#5 ·
Its an m18 std thread nut essentially. I just got two at napa for $3/ea.
Thanks, I'm going to be doing the spacer mod to move the rear o2 out of exhaust flow (no cat on the Abbott Racing DP). Going to see if that does indeed stop the CEL.

Proably pick up 2 for when the wideband eventually is ordered.

#8 ·
If your a/c is removed, I actually trimmed my engine mount down and have been able to fit a 3" 45 degree elbow on the gt28 inlet. I then route the intake into the passenger side inner fender. Keeps it away from all the engine heat and it's a short route with only 2 45 degree angles, (1) in the silicone elbow and then (1) in the aluminum tube I run the rest of the way. Also, you're better off runnind a hard high temp rubber elbow as they do not collapse under boost like the silicone ones can.

#9 ·
For my brothers swap we just used a T7 intake pipe. It may not be the best and greatest performance upgrade, but it works.

#11 ·
It is SS, I'll give ya call.

ERP, you saying the OD of the turbo inlet on a T7 TD04 compressor housing is 3"? Anyone else know if that is the fact?

Again I am at work and unable to get to it.

I do not want to use the stock T7 or the T5/T7 conversion pipe, as my A/C compressor is gone and I can fit something better.

A12:
Isn't your GT28 lowered a little bit from the stock location? I looked at the clearence and the engine mount bracket is in the way. I would have to lower the turbo about 2-3" and I would have a straight shot to the fender through that access panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.