Saab Link Forums banner

Add More Boost to high milage Viggen?

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Saabinduction 
#1 ·
I have a '01 Viggen with 125k. Am I stupid to even think about higher boost engine mods with this many miles? Engine is still strong with no problems. I am hesitent because of the three high milage, pre-GM 900 turbos I blew up in college. So what do you think? Anybody out there have a high milage boosted viggen?

#8 ·
That year viggen does not have the same issue with head bolts as earlier years do so don't worry about it. But if you must, you can re-torque them. I did on my 2002 and none were loose. You do not state how long you have owned the car, but if it was me, start with suspension first, then make sure is in perfect tune, no sludge, etc... Then get hardware like DP, exhaust, etc.. Then software and by that time maybe there will be more people selling T7 software for cheap.

#9 · (Edited)
Welcome fellow Vermonter.

You wouldn't happen to have a BLACK 4 door viggen and work for the guards would you?
A few people think they may have spotted you lately. Swing by
http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30759 and let them know!

Make sure you swing by the new member section and say hello.
Oh, and pictures too. Elsewise we're inclined to think you drive a Hyundai. :)

Just kidding.

x2 on the go for it idea. I'm just starting and I'm at 109k now.

#10 ·
I have had the car for about half a year now, have had the oil pan dropped to check for sludge and the pickup screan was clean as could be. I am thinking of getting Abbot Racings viggen rescue kit. But I need more boost the Viggen is starting to feel slow to me. Is the needle on a viggen suspose to go into the red. Most of the time mine dosen't even tickle the red?

Thanks

#14 ·
Go for it 4DrViggen....what's the worst taht could happen? Blown engine that would allow for a rebuild with new forged pistons, perhaps some polishing and blueprinting of the head?????

As far as I know, you'll have to replace the exhaust with a 2.5" min. for stage 3....check with the ecu tweaker.

RED DIC's bits include an MP IC....that makes for stage 3+ with Nordic and all you'll need to add, with the exhaust, is a FPR.....see GS or Nordic.

Good luck and let us know what you do and how you like it. I love my stage 3+ Viggen...the car now is truly amazing!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.