Saab Link Forums banner

B234 removal w/ auto tranny.

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  B204Life 
#1 ·
In the next few days I will be pulling a B234 out of a '93 9K CSE with an automatic transmission. Will the trans and engine separate the same as a 5spd, or is there anything specific to the AT (flexplate, bellhousing, converter, etc.) that I need to know to make the removal go more smoothly?
I'm really excited to start this project, and would like to minimize the number of hangups encountered during it.:D

#5 ·
In the stickied B234 thread, it said MY 93.5 and up would work, so I'm hoping this is a late '93 motor. Visually, the motor looks the same as my B204, and the donor 9K is T5. (The bad DIC was laying in the passenger seat.:p) I would just disassemble it and swap the rotating assembly into my current motor.
And Drew, thanks for the offer! If this doesn't work out, I know who to come to!:cool:

#6 ·
Open the drivers door, what is the build date? If it is 06/93 or later you are likely A-OK.

Visually they look very similar.

Better be 100% sure, its a lot of work and there is just NO WAY to make it work if you have a -93 MY motor.

The T5 factor is irrelevant. The 9000's had red Di's even before Trionic 5.2 or 5.5

Gooooood luck!

#11 ·
No, I didn't buy it. I visited it at its final resting place, the junkyard.:(
Here's what the vin decoder turned up:

Specification for Saab 9000 VIN: YS3CL68M6P1000712
Model year 1993
Model series Turbo
Body style 5-door CS
Airbags Not specified - "passive restraint"
Engine B234 (2.3l full-pressure turbo - 200hp)
Transmission 4-speed automatic
Built at Line A, Trollhattan, Sweden

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.