Saab Link Forums banner

Viggen on a tow dolly.... Possable?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  GreySPG 
#1 ·
I'm planning on moving. Will my Viggen on a eibach pro kit, be able to fit on a tow dolly? I just need to know first hand...i'm assuming i'll need to make ramps to cut the angle down, but I dont know if the ass end will drag, or the tip of the runners on the ramp will hit the frame of the car.

Thanks guys

#3 ·
i would consider taking off the front bumper as well just in case... those dollys get pretty close on certain angles. i would also be careful of the side skirts because the end of the dolly that is under the car will touch... my buddies civic with no suspension mods hit quite a few times... you will see what im talking about when you put i on there...

#5 ·
I can tell you that it will be a little difficult. I barely got my viggen on to that thing when it died, and it's not lowered. The front scrapes pretty badly. You're definitely going to need some long, hefty planks of wood to get it onto a car transporter like i used. Good luck.

#6 ·
The flat bed costs like 500 bucks. something stupid. I got the tow dolly for like 130 bucks. its either rig something up...or have my buddy drive it....and with all the pot holes its gonna be a bitch. Taking the front bumper off is a pain in the ass, and i know exactly what your talking about with the side skirts haha.

#10 ·
If you were closer you could use my trailer..... some people will buy a used trailer then just sell it where they are moving to, usually that is cheaper then paying uhaul prices. MY viggen has always been trailered on a flatbed larger then the uhaul pictured above. Putting it on a tow-dolly is something I will never try. When I put my cars on my flatbed trailer I use 2 1x6's that are 3-4ft long to keep the front from scraping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.