Saab Link Forums banner

Custom Vig exhaust

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  JZW 
#1 ·
Made a "loud" exhaust for the Viggen.. :)
It is convertible so that the rear muffler can be swapped with a straight pipe/stock tip in a min or so. All 3in Stainless tig welded. I know it is worthless without sound. will get video once get some more fuel in it.

Looks stock, reused a stock tip off a rusted out muffler. :cool:

Hooks up to standard V3(v2 etc) downpipe with a cat. got to be green(ish)

Decent size center resonator to keep it civil.

rear "race" pipe

Finally the road trip muffler with Vband quick connect. So we can make it to SOC sanely.

you can see bigger ones here: http://genuinesaab.com/gallery/CustomExhaust

See less See more
#6 ·
Looks nice Nick!

I have a slip disconnect for my Aero and a mufflerless length of pipe to replace the muffler as well, but its too much of a PITA to swap out on a regular basis, the V-band looks the business though!

#9 ·
Next time it is on the dyno I will test that.
seems to make about the same airmass curve as when the dp is open.
Runs1 and 2 are remus / open DP after the "v2" reducer pipe on the other turbo. Seems about the same feeling now.

It is so stupid on street tires. been thinking about going back to the smaller turbo and 400whp.

Also we are quite a bit higher power than before.. Until this last upgrade past 400whp opening the Dp had little effect. Now it seems to be influential.

#13 ·
You could just lower the airmass.... No need to go to a smaller turbo like the gt2871 that spools up slower. Also: the .86 ar turbine does smooth it out some, but you could just lower the airmass so it does not hit quite so hard or just re-map it all together to keep the air mass lower down low and until after the torque peak, then bring it back in and up in the high rpm.

It does seem to just get silly when the tires are breaking loose at 75-80mph and the car is thinking about changing lanes on its own... Its fun and exciting, but as you said, a little rediculous.

I just lower my boost to 20psi when I want to take it easy and have fun with full control of the car... Sure makes a huge difference....

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.