Saab Link Forums banner

Viggen Eibach Install Question

796 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crazybrightman 
#1 ·
Well since this being my first spring install on a 9-3. Used to doing classics and understanding the car.... Anyway I have all the tools to do this...spring compressor etc etc. but can anyone give me tips or advice to save me time when i do the install...and roughly how long it took "you" to do it...not a GD NOOB like me. thanks guys. ohh and after should i make some board to drive on to make it easier to jack up haha.

take care

#2 ·
well to start off id give everything a good soaking of wd40 and get acsess to an air gun if you can as it makes life alot easier. the back end is dead easy just drop the shocks and pop the springs out, then use loads of washing up liquid to get the bump stops out of the old springs and into the new springs making sure they are the right way up etc. thats 20mins gone and the back ends done.
the front ends a little more tricky you will need a ball joint breaker that doesnt damge the boot to remove the track rod end from the leg as they are always tight even if they have been off many times before. you will also need a long bar and a helper to stand on it to break the bottom arm from the hub other than that its fairy straight forward. just watch the top mounts though as they have a habit of dropping their ball bearings everywhere! that should take you between 30-45mins a side depending what gets in your way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.