GS inlet pipe install??? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #1
Elder

GS inlet pipe install???

somethings not right here....

in the middle of the install, and after i fight with the damn clamp to get lines up for 20 minutes...its not in the right spot. its not lining up with the upper bracket, and the pcv hardline isnt lining up either (see below)

the pipe is hitting the upper actuator bolt. looke like ill be fine if i just dont have that bolt in there, but i feel like nick did design it to need the removal of the bolt?

any input? i need to go get a haircut at some point today lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Welcome to my world last year.

I struggled with it for a long time.

I called Nick.

He informed me that SOME 99's had the bolt in the way. He told me to take out the bolt and it would be fine.

I had it on in 2 mins after that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
Elder

Bend the line?

I'll take the pcv line off your hands if you don't need it any more.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
It is the top wastegate bolt in the way. Simply remove it. There will be no issues. No bending.. But the easiest way is to call.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 07-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
It is the top wastegate bolt in the way. Simply remove it. There will be no issues. No bending.. But the easiest way is to call.
Yeah.

I wish I knew that befoe hand lol.

I felt like an idiot, like I was installing it wrong. It would seat and be ALMOST perfect but I just could not get it to sit right.

After I called out and bolt came out it was smooth sailing.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 AM   #6
Elder

Ooh, that's shiny. I think I need one of those.

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 07-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #7
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
i didnt wanna call for such a small question

i was pretty sure i needed to just remove it, but i know your parts are so good i figured you designed it around the bolt and i was just being dumb lol.

thanks guys.

now to decide if i should pain tand reinstall the heat shield or leave it off...then on to new speakers and brakes!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #8
Trollerator
Elder

strange.. I had one on my 9-3 with td04 and no problem,....

I mean, tight fit, yes. But no modifiction to anything was needed to make it fit.

the clamp was the trickiest part, that is hard to do with nobody to hold it in place while you screw it.

edit: got beat to it

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 07-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #9
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Don't worry about calling..

had a guy call screaming about his floor mats that I sod him at SOC in Michigan.. He would not believe me that they were from somewhere else.. then he called back, Long story short he screamed at my shipping/ parts girl till she cried.. After going through everyone here he finally believed that we did not sell those floormats.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 AM   #10
Elder

lol wow...i have seen some rediculous rants about you over on saabnet only to make the originator look like a moron.

took the bolt out and it lines right up i just need an extra set of hand to hold it so i can tighten the screw, so im waiting for my buddy to come over.

also found i need some spade connectes so i can bypass the way the factory speakers connect.

ill post one big thread tonight or something.

thanks for the help!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
took the bolt out and it lines right up i just need an extra set of hand to hold it so i can tighten the screw, so im waiting for my buddy to come over.
I was able to do it myself at night. No need to be a Nancy :P

Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
Does this work for an upgrade as well. I was told it fits tdo4's I went to buy it from them and there service person accidently relisted instead of holding it... I then lost out with a last minute bidder. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018

Old 07-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrplyr View Post
Does this work for an upgrade as well. I was told it fits tdo4's I went to buy it from them and there service person accidently relisted instead of holding it... I then lost out with a last minute bidder. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018
You need to have your compressor machined to fit this.

Nick offers this part and the machining of the compressor on his site. The 06+ pipe is known as the King Cobra.
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...203bf99b956111

Old 07-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #14
Elder

i think thats the one that requires machining of the compressor housing

Old 07-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #15
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Elmo
good stuff to know, guys... im planning on picking one of these up somewhere down the road

Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #16
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to szucman
i put mine in today too...it also had that 2nd bolt on the wastegate that i had to remove. went on fine otherwise...although i do really hate that clamp
Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #17
Elder

so my question is now...can the pipe mess up the mixture if i dont adapt the car? im getting some new and big backfire pops.

if i give it some gas in any gear and then let off, no matter where in the revs, i get the typical burble out of the saabsport, and then it will give a pretty damn big POP or POP POP, like theres actually fuel in there.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:20 AM   #18
Elder

Quote:
so my question is now...can the pipe mess up the mixture if i dont adapt the car? im getting some new and big backfire pops.

if i give it some gas in any gear and then let off, no matter where in the revs, i get the typical burble out of the saabsport, and then it will give a pretty damn big POP or POP POP, like theres actually fuel in there.
I know someone will disagree, but everytime I have installed something substantial I have re-adapted.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:04 AM   #19
Elder

yeah im planning on it. which fuse is it? havent done it that way in a looong time.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #20
Elder

Quote:
yeah im planning on it. which fuse is it? havent done it that way in a looong time.
I am pretty sure its fuse 28 off the top of my head.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in