Viggen suspension - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Viggen suspension

Hey i just bought a 00 vig. 60k on it. I was planning to do eibach with the stock shocks...and a rear sway bar. I dont have the cash and dont need the koni kit. Any thoughts on the reaction and if the eibachs would cause damage to the stock shocks? Just making sure i'll be ok with doing this simple setup.

thanks guys & girls

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Wow....welcome back!

I'd think you'll be ok with stock shocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
SAAB Road Master

hey man hows it going? I've been drivin an 84 8 valve...and moved up to a non turbo 92 900 for the past year. I've been looking for a 04-05 95 aero. but found this hot bitch instead for dirt cheap. thing is mint. lookin to do a few slight things to it. I'm lookin for a set of 95 aero rims... or 93 vector rims....or even those like double three spoke ones i forget the name of.. haha

so yeah thats cool i can use the stock shocks.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to szucman
just get a rear arb and the 6 point subframe brace and you'll b good. the stock viggen suspension is not bad
Old 07-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

in addition to the clamp and brace?

Old 07-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #6
SAAB Road Master

I have Eibach springs with stock Viggen/Sachs shocks and struts (50k mi or so) on my '99 9-3 SE. The ride is pretty damn good, a little bouncier than my Viggen with Eibach/Konis, but a definite improvement over stock Viggen suspension. In my opinion, the weak link in the Viggen setup is in the springs. Visually, it is an improvement as well.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #7
Trollerator
Elder

yeah since the vig shocks are probably stiffer than SE/base it's probably ok... I would think the shocks will still wear down faster though...just not nearly as quick as eibach with base model shocks?
maybe?

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 07-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
SAAB Road Master

I can get the eibach at $236 bucks shipped. from Shox.com. Anyone know a cheaper place?

thanks

Old 07-26-2008, 05:06 AM   #9
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA 37 View Post
Visually, it is an improvement as well.
Got before and after pics?

I'd like to do a bit of lowering and increase the spring rate but want to maintain the Viggen's 'nose down' look. Besides I carry stuff and people so don't want the rear to go too low. Gotta love a performance hatchback!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
SAAB Road Master

Yeah its coming back from the body shop today..i need to clay bar and wax her after..so i'll post a few before and after pics next week sometime

Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #11
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

60k on OEM shocks & they are toast.... my viggens shocks were floating all over at under 50K I wouldn't try aftermarket lowering springs & old warn out shocks, I would go the other direction & get koni's with the OEM springs.

I have koni-koni on my viggen & these cars wouldn't of been trashed so bad my the mags if it would of come from the factory that way.

Saabless for the first time since 1986
Old 07-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Good to see you back, man. Just in time for SOC too. I'd say Eibachs are a good way to go. I've had them on my car for 80k miles now and they are great. I have the with Bilstein HDs which really is a tough ride, just to warn you.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #13
SAAB Road Master

Hey man....can't wait to catch up with you at SOC. My 60k vig is really tight. Suspension is the balls. So i'll prob go with the eibachs, with stock shocks and probably with a rear sway bar. Still undecidede haha, so new to these cars. Might just keep the suspension the way it is and do teh sway bar and clamp/brace.... nooo clue. I'm moving to florida in about 5 weeks.

later guys

Old 07-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #14
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I am not sure that the rear bar is needed with proper shocks/springs. The koni kit (or eibach/koni) is so far superior to how these cars came from the factory, HUGE difference!! Not quite as big as intrax vs brad's adjustable springs on a SPG/C900 but closer then you would think. Since your suspension is in great shape you could always wait untill the shocks do crap out on you (should be sooner rather then later) & upgrade the springs/shocks at that time, cheaper that way

If your car is stock I would skip the rear bar & wait for springs (& shocks if possible). Spend that money geting the front to now be so loose & squirley. Get the clamp & brace plus the 6pt subframe brace, it helps out a LOT on how the car feels.

Saabless for the first time since 1986
Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #15
SAAB Road Master

I heard the subbrace gives you understeer with out having everything else..like shocks..springs etc...anyone have these issues? DO i need the brace? i'm not doing track. Just think the VRK and rear sway plus eibachs should be nice...if i even get springs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in