Saab Link Forums banner

Viggen suspension

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  GreySPG 
#1 ·
Hey i just bought a 00 vig. 60k on it. I was planning to do eibach with the stock shocks...and a rear sway bar. I dont have the cash and dont need the koni kit. Any thoughts on the reaction and if the eibachs would cause damage to the stock shocks? Just making sure i'll be ok with doing this simple setup.

thanks guys & girls

#3 ·
hey man hows it going? I've been drivin an 84 8 valve...and moved up to a non turbo 92 900 for the past year. I've been looking for a 04-05 95 aero. but found this hot bitch instead for dirt cheap. thing is mint. lookin to do a few slight things to it. I'm lookin for a set of 95 aero rims... or 93 vector rims....or even those like double three spoke ones i forget the name of.. haha

so yeah thats cool i can use the stock shocks.

#6 ·
I have Eibach springs with stock Viggen/Sachs shocks and struts (50k mi or so) on my '99 9-3 SE. The ride is pretty damn good, a little bouncier than my Viggen with Eibach/Konis, but a definite improvement over stock Viggen suspension. In my opinion, the weak link in the Viggen setup is in the springs. Visually, it is an improvement as well.

#11 ·
60k on OEM shocks & they are toast.... my viggens shocks were floating all over at under 50K :( I wouldn't try aftermarket lowering springs & old warn out shocks, I would go the other direction & get koni's with the OEM springs.

I have koni-koni on my viggen & these cars wouldn't of been trashed so bad my the mags if it would of come from the factory that way.

#12 ·
Good to see you back, man. Just in time for SOC too. I'd say Eibachs are a good way to go. I've had them on my car for 80k miles now and they are great. I have the with Bilstein HDs which really is a tough ride, just to warn you.

#13 ·
Hey man....can't wait to catch up with you at SOC. My 60k vig is really tight. Suspension is the balls. So i'll prob go with the eibachs, with stock shocks and probably with a rear sway bar. Still undecidede haha, so new to these cars. Might just keep the suspension the way it is and do teh sway bar and clamp/brace.... nooo clue. I'm moving to florida in about 5 weeks.

later guys

#14 ·
I am not sure that the rear bar is needed with proper shocks/springs. The koni kit (or eibach/koni) is so far superior to how these cars came from the factory, HUGE difference!! Not quite as big as intrax vs brad's adjustable springs on a SPG/C900 but closer then you would think. Since your suspension is in great shape you could always wait untill the shocks do crap out on you (should be sooner rather then later) & upgrade the springs/shocks at that time, cheaper that way :)

If your car is stock I would skip the rear bar & wait for springs (& shocks if possible). Spend that money geting the front to now be so loose & squirley. Get the clamp & brace plus the 6pt subframe brace, it helps out a LOT on how the car feels.

#15 ·
I heard the subbrace gives you understeer with out having everything else..like shocks..springs etc...anyone have these issues? DO i need the brace? i'm not doing track. Just think the VRK and rear sway plus eibachs should be nice...if i even get springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.